Oven Roasted Broccoli (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy oven roasted broccoli recipe with garlic and parmesan cheese. This simple 30 minute side dish is crispy and full of flavor.
This crispy garlic parmesan roasted broccoli takes boring old broccoli to a whole new level of deliciousness. Even picky eaters should approve…hehe.
This oven roasted broccoli recipe is a 30 minute side dish!
It’s great for dinner parties, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter. It’s also very cheap and can feed a crowd.
Don’t make roasted frozen broccoli!
It has to be fresh broccoli for maximum crispiness. Frozen broccoli releases too much water while baking.
How to roast broccoli in the oven?
- Arrange small broccoli florets on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder, red chili flakes.
- Bake until crispy.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and you are done.
What temperature do you roast broccoli in the oven?
450 degrees is the best temperature for best flavor, texture and maximum crispy edges without any burning. 15- 20 minutes is usually best. Broccoli is ready when it’s crispy on the edges with some charred corners.
How long does it take to roast broccoli at 400 degrees?
About 20 minutes.
How long does it take to roast broccoli and 350 degrees?
This can take up to 30 minutes.
How to store roasted broccoli?
It can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
How to reheat roasted broccoli?
Spread the broccoli in a sheet pan again and roast at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until they are slightly crispy again.
Flavor variations for pan roasted broccoli recipe:
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower/Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli– Add 1- 2 cups cauliflower florets and roast them with the broccoli.
- Roasted Broccoli and Carrots– Add 1-2 cup baby carrots to this recipe and roast them with the broccoli.
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli- Garlic powder or finely minced garlic can be used.
- parmesan roasted broccoli-
- Roasted Broccoli Salad– Prepare broccoli, as per my instructions below and then use them in your favorite broccoli salad recipe.
- Roasted Broccoli Soup– Prepare broccoli, as per my instructions below and then use them in your favorite broccoli soup recipe.
- Roasted Broccoli with Lemon– Drizzle some lemon juice on top, prior to serving for a zesty flavor.
Tips for best, easy roasted broccoli:
- Adjust the amount of garlic powder, based on your preference.
- Amount of oil oil is very important- If you don’t use enough oil, the broccoli florets will steam rather than roast. If you use too much oil, the broccoli will become greasy, soggy and limp. Remember that there should be NO puddles of oil on your sheet pans.
- For best flavor and texture, this should be served immediately because as time goes on, the florets will become limp.
- Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled but be sure to use multiple sheet pans to prevent overlapping and even roasting.
Other One Pan/ One Pot Side Dishes:
- Oven Roasted Asparagus (One Pan)
- Quick Oven Roasted Tomatoes (One Pan)
- Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
- Cherry Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
Garlic Parmesan Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 2 pounds Broccoli, Fresh
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes , Optional
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 2-3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, Finely grated
- Wash broccoli and pat it dry. Cut into bite sized florets.
- Arrange them on a sheet pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle garlic powder, red chili flakes, salt, black pepper and toss everything together.
- Spread them out and make make sure they are not overlapping each other for even baking.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are crispy and slightly brown/charred.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day. They won't be crisp any more though.
Happy cooking everyone!
I love LOVE roasted broccoli! I have never thought to reheat in oven! Such a great idea!
This broccoli looks perfect! Love this as a side.
I LOVE how easy and delicious this is! Good idea! Looks very tasty! I am going to make this! This recipe really impresses! I really like! Thank you.
So perfect! This looks incredible, can’t wait to try this!
I love it! I am going to try this out. Thank you for sharing this great recipe. YUM!
This might be my new favorite way to enjoy broccoli.