Cherry Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
Quick and easy tomato salad recipe that’s fresh, healthy, made in one bowl in 10 minutes. It’s loaded with parsley, lemon juice and cherry tomatoes.
We have been growing vegetables this Summer and used the first harvest in this healthy tomato salad.
I don’t use a heavy tomato salad dressing. I like to keep it very simple and classic with lemon/ lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley and olive oil.
You just need one bowl or one pot and less than 15 minutes to prepare this salad. It still packs a lot of flavor even though it’s made in such little time with such few ingredients.
Chill overnight for a flavorful marinated tomato salad!
All the ingredients and flavors get a chance to blend together in the fridge overnight and the flavors become stronger and deeper. If you can’t do overnight, at least try to marinate for 1 hour. It’s totally worth it!
Flavor variations for cherry tomato salad recipe:
- For Italian tomato salad, add 1 -2 tsp Italian seasoning in this recipe and mix well.
- For tomato feta salad, sprinkle 1/4 cup feta cheese on top of this salad.
- For corn tomato salad, add 1/2 cup frozen corn (thawed).
- For cucumber tomato onion salad, add cucumber (same quantity as tomatoes) and 1/3 cup finely chopped or thinly sliced onions.
- For avocado tomato salad, add 1 avocado (small slices) in this salad.
- For watermelon tomato salad, add 3 cups watermelon (cut into 2 inch cubes) in this recipe.
- For tomato and mozzarella salad, add 1 cup fresh mozzarella in this recipe.
- For tomato basil salad, replace parsley with fresh basil.
What is a tomato salad?
It’s a simple salad made with fresh tomatoes that are mixed together with basic herbs and spices like salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil.
How do you make tomato and cucumber salad/cucumber tomato salad?
Mix together equal quantities of tomatoes and cucumbers. Then, flavor it with salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and basil, parsley or cilantro.
How do you make a Caprese salad?
Mix together tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar and olive oil on top. This is also sometimes called a balsamic tomato salad.
How do you cut tomatoes for a salad?
If you are using cherry tomatoes, just slice them in half, along the length of the tomatoes.
For regular Roma tomatoes, slice them in half, along the length of the tomatoes. Then, remove and discard the seeds with a spoon if you like. Cut them in thin strips OR cut them into big triangles.
Tips for fresh tomato salad:
- Use cherry tomatoes instead of large tomatoes since they are easier to slice plus there are so many colors and varieties and makes the salad very colorful.
- Use very ripe tomatoes for maximum juiciness.
- Adjust the amount of salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, based on your preference.
- Use best quality of olive oil you can find because it makes a difference.
- Lemon juice or lime juice or both can be used in this easy salad.
- Parsley can be replaced with cilantro or basil.
- Other vegetables like onion, avocado, cucumbers can easily be added.
- You can also addd your favorite cheeses: mozzarella, feta, cheddar e.t.c.
Other sides and side dishes:
- Oven Roasted Asparagus (One Pan)
- Quick Oven Roasted Tomatoes (One Pan)
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe (One Pot)
Easy Tomato Salad
Quick and easy tomato salad recipe that's fresh and healthy. It's loaded with parsley, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes and many simple variations are possible.
- 4 cups Cherry tomatoes Cut in half
- 1/4 cup Parsley Fresh, Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice Or lime juice
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
In a salad bowl, add tomatoes, parsley, oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Mix everything until fully combined.
Cover and chill for at least an hour to allow the flavors to deepen. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!