Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
Quick and easy cucumber salad recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot/ bowl in 10 minutes. It’s spicy, tangy because of vinegar and red chili flakes.
This simple cucumber salad is a wonderful way to use up all those garden cucumbers. It’s refreshing, fresh, inspired by Asian flavors and makes a quick side dish. There is also a spicy kick and nutty crunch from the sesame seeds.
How do you make cucumber salad with vinegar? How to make cucumber salad?
- Mix together ginger, vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, honey, soy sauce, salt in a salad bowl.
- Toss in cucumbers.
- Sprinkle red chili flakes and sesame seeds and you are done.
I am a sucker for salads with cucumbers and have so many variations: Japanese, Chinese, Mediterranean, Thai, German, Greek. Can’t wait to share all those other cucumber salad recipes with you soon!
Cucumber salad dressing:
I like to keep it simple with just the following ingredients:
- Sesame oil
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red chili flakes
- Sesame seeds
Is cucumber with vinegar good for you?
Yes, it’s healthy and good for you but everything should always be eaten in moderation.
Is it safe to eat cucumbers and tomatoes together?
Yes, it’s safe to eat them together and their flavors actually complement each other very well too.
Flavor variations for easy cucumber salad recipe:
- Cucumber Tomato Salad/ Tomato Cucumber Salad– Add 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half).
- Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe/Cucumber Yogurt Salad– Add 3/4 cup sour cream, mayonnaise or yogurt.
- Cucumber Onion Salad– Add 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions.
- Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad– Add 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions and 1 cup cherry tomatoes.
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad– Add 1 cup cherry tomatoes and 1 roughly chopped avocado.
- Cucumber Avocado Salad– Add 1 roughly chopped avocado.
- Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad/ Cucumber Feta Salad– Add 1 cup cherry tomatoes and sprinkle 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese on top.
- Cucumber Dill Salad– Add 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill.
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad– Use this watermelon salad recipe.
Tips for best cucumber salad:
- This is one of those salads, where leftovers cannot be stored overnight because cucumbers release a lot of water, making the salad watery.
- Cucumbers can be sliced thin or thick. For maximum flavor, cut thin slices because they will absorb the ingredients and flavors quicker.
- Adjust the amount of red chili flakes, based on your preference.
- You can also mix in some finely chopped green onions for a better flavor.
- You must use sesame oil because it adds a distinct Asian flavor.
- Use toasted sesame seeds because they have more flavor than non-toasted sesame seeds.
Other One Pot Salad Recipes:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing (One Bowl)
- Waldorf Salad (One Bowl)
- Cherry Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
Cucumber Salad Recipe
Quick and easy cucumber salad recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot/ bowl in 10 minutes. It's spicy, tangy because of vinegar and red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Ginger Finely minced
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey Or sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Salt To taste
- 2 Cucumbers Big, Peeled and cut into slices
- 1/2 tsp Red chili flakes
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds Toasted
In a large salad bowl, add ginger, vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, honey, soy sauce, salt and whisk everything together.
Add cucumbers and mix everything together.
Sprinkle red chili flakes and sesame seeds.
Serve immediately or let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes for the flavors to truly marinate. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Best served on the same day that it's prepared. Leftovers don't store too well for more than a couple of hours.
Happy cooking everyone!