Quick Oven Roasted Tomatoes (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy oven roasted tomatoes recipe, made with simple ingredients, requiring only 1 pan and 20 minutes. These baked tomatoes are loaded with parmesan cheese, garlic and herbs.
These garlic parmesan baked tomatoes, also known as roasted tomatoes are the best way ever to use up all the tomatoes that are filling up your vegetable garden.
Even if you are not fond of tomatoes, I have a feeling you might change your mind once you give these a shot.
Use this recipe to make roasted cherry tomatoes/ grape tomatoes too!
On their own, tomatoes are quite boring but roasting them really enhances the flavor and any type of tomatoes can be used, which is awesome!
Slow roasted tomatoes recipe vs. Quick oven roasted tomatoes recipe
Slow roasted ones are baked on low heat (200 degrees) for 7-8 hours. Quick roasted ones are baked on high heat (400 degrees) for about 10 minutes.
How to make roasted tomatoes? How do I make oven roasted tomatoes?
- Place sliced tomatoes on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle cheese, seasonings and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is fully melted.
- Garnish with fresh of dried parsley and enjoy.
Can you cook tomatoes in the oven?
Yes, you can either “slow” roast them or “quickly” roast them.
How long do I cook tomatoes in the oven?
For the quick version, you only need to roast for 10 minutes on high heat. For the slow version, you can roast for 7-8 hours on low heat.
What temperature do you roast tomatoes?
Roast at 400 degrees for the quick version and 200 degrees for the slow version.
Freezing roasted tomatoes
If the tomatoes were roasted without cheese, they could be frozen in sealed freezer bags for up to 1 month but the ones with cheese cannot be frozen.
What to do with roasted tomatoes?
You can enjoy it as a:
- Healthy snack
- Quick lunch
- Side dish with grilled/ bbq recipes
- Topping in burgers, sandwiches and wraps
You can also use it in other recipes such as:
- Roasted tomato soup/ roasted tomato basil soup
- Roasted tomato sauce
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Roasted tomatoes pasta
- Roasted tomato salad
- Roasted tomato bruschetta
Tips for roasting tomatoes:
- Make sure to use high quality olive oil to create a great overall flavor.
- Adjust the amount of cheese and seasonings, based on your preference.
- Fresh finely minced garlic can be used instead of garlic powder.
- Baking time may vary, depending on the thickness of your tomato slices.
Flavor variations for roasted tomatoes:
- Add a drizzle of balsamic glaze to make balsamic roasted tomatoes.
- Add 1 cup asparagus in the same baking tray to make roasted asparagus and tomatoes
- Add 1-2 cups broccoli in the same tray to make roasted tomatoes and broccoli.
- Add 1/2 pound thin boneless chicken strips in the same tray to make roasted tomatoes and chicken.
- Add 1 cup mushrooms in the same tray to make roasted tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Add 1 cup green beans in the same tray to make roasted green beans and tomatoes.
- Spread guacamole on top of the tomatoes and then top them off with cheese and herbs to make avocado baked tomatoes.
Other vegetarian meals:
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe (One Pot)
- Tomato Tortellini Soup (One Pot)
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
Quick Roasted Tomatoes
- Slice the tomatoes and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place them on a baking tray, that's been sprayed with oil.
- Top off each tomato slice with cheese, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, red chili flakes.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over all the tomatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but can be refrigerated in a sealed container in the fridge and reheated in the microwave or oven.
Happy cooking everyone!