Oven Roasted Asparagus (One Pan)
Quick and easy oven roasted asparagus recipe that’s made in one pan (sheet pan) in only 15 minutes. It’s packed with lemon and garlic flavors and makes a simple side dish.
This oven roasted asparagus recipe is a simple side dish that tastes amazing with grilled chicken or steak.
Roast asparagus in the oven, grill or stovetop pan!
There are so many ways to make it and even the seasoning possibilities are endless.
How to roast asparagus in the oven?
- Wash asparagus and cut off ends
- Line them on a sheet pan.
- Sprinkle olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and mix it all together.
- Roast in oven.
- Drizzle lemon juice and sprinkle parmesan cheese and enjoy.
How long to roast asparagus?
That depends on the thicker. They thicker they are, the longer they would need cook in the oven. Typically, they are ready in 10-12 minutes.
How long do you cook asparagus in the oven at 350?
About 15-17 minutes.
How long do you bake asparagus at 400?
10-12 minutes is usually ideal.
How long do you cook asparagus in the oven at 375?
About 15-17 minutes.
Other Flavor Variations:
- To make roasted asparagus and carrots, add 2 cups baby carrots in the same sheet pan and bake those too.
- To make roasted asparagus and potatoes, add 2 cups small potato cubes in the same sheet pan and bake those too.
- To make roasted asparagus and mushrooms, add 1 cup mushrooms in the same sheet pan and bake those too.
- To make marinated roasted asparagus, marinate asparagus for 20 minutes in some lemon juice and pepper and then roast that in the sheet pan. Top it off with parmesan cheese when you remove it from the oven.
- To make roasted lemon asparagus, sprinkle 1 tsp lemon zest and 2 tbsp lemon juice over the asparagus, prior to baking.
- To make roasted parmesan asparagus, sprinkle parmesan cheese over the asparagus prior to baking and again after baking.
- To make roasted asparagus salad, chop the roasted asparagus into 2 inch pieces and mix it together with lettuce, spinach, kale and your favorite vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- To make garlic roasted asparagus, add 1 finely chopped garlic over the asparagus, prior to baking.
Tips for roasted asparagus:
- Use thick spears rather than skinny ones because the thin ones sometimes turn out tough and stringy since they dry out too quickly, while baking.
- Use high quality olive oil because it does make a difference in flavor.
- Garlic powder can be replaced with freshly minced garlic.
- Make pan roasted asparagus – melt some better and oil in a nonstick pan. Add asparagus stalks and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cook until tender but firm.
Other Vegetarian Side Dishes:
- Quick Oven Roasted Tomatoes (One Pan)
- Creamy Grape Salad (One Bowl)
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe (One Pot)
Easy Roasted Asparagus
Quick and easy oven roasted asparagus recipe that's made in one pan (sheet pan) in only 10 minutes. It's packed with lemon and garlic flavors and makes a simple but delicious side dish.
- 1 pound Asparagus
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice For garnish
- 2-3 tbsp Parmesan cheese For garnish
Wash asparagus spears and cut off the tough ends.
Arrange them on a sheet pan and drizzle olive oil.
Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Rub the spears so that the salt, pepper and garlic distribute all over evenly.
Roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes OR until the asparagus is slightly golden brown and tender when you pierce it with a fork.
Drizzle lemon juice and sprinkle parmesan cheese all over the asparagus and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1-2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!