Buffalo Chicken Pasta (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy buffalo chicken pasta recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. A 30 minute meal that’s rich, creamy, cheesy.
This cheesy pasta recipe is one of my favorite stovetop meals. It’s so creamy, tasty and easy to throw together and you don’t have a major mess to clean up afterwards either. It’s just as delicious as this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta (One Pot). Also, enjoy these flavors as an appetizer in this Buffalo Chicken Dip (One Pot).
How to make creamy Buffalo chicken pasta recipe from scratch?
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute onions and garlic.
- Then, cook the chicken with some salt and pepper.
- Shred chicken or cut into cubes.
- Add pasta, chicken broth and sauce.
- Mix well then cover and cook for a few more minutes.
- In the final few minutes, stir in cream cheese and blue cheese dressing.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced.
- Garnish and enjoy!
How to make buffalo chicken pasta bake or casserole?
- Mix together boiled pasta, baked/grilled chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and sauce in a casserole pan.
- Top off with more shredded cheese.
- Bake for a few minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
What sides to serve with buffalo chicken pasta?
Bread is always a winning side:
- Dinner rolls
- Cheesy bread
- Garlic bread/ Garlic roast
- Homemade biscuits
For a more balanced meal, serve alongside vegetables:
- Simple green salad
- Roasted vegetables
- Steamed vegetables
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Ranch sauce
- Alfredo sauce
- Blue cheese dressing
- Vegetables likes spinach or celery
- Egg noodles
Variations and Tips
-Make sure to use a large, non-stick pan – Because the ingredients don’t stick the bottom. You can also use a Dutch oven. Remember the wider the pot, the faster the cooking time.
You must use uncooked pasta in this recipe– Cooked pasta recipe would be entirely different.
You can adjust the quantity of sauce, cheese, and dressing– This is based on your preference.
Make the recipe vegetarian– By using soy chicken and vegetable broth.
Use low sodium broth- Because it prevents this meal from becoming too salty.
Make sure you use full fat cream cheese– So as to keep this pasta’s creamy consistency and maximum flavor.
You can substitute the blue cheese dressing –And use Greek yogurt to make this meal “healthier” than the original version.
Add a little ranch sauce– It adds a different kind of flavor that my family likes.
You can replace cream cheese with Alfredo sauce– It is a fun and creamy twist on this recipe.
I recommend using spaghetti but other types of pastas can also be used– Try penne, macaroni, shells, bowtie e.t.c. Don’t use mini pastas as the cook time may be different.
You can use homemade buffalo sauce– I used store-bought sauce because it’s easier and conveneient.
Why is my pasta dry? How to fix it? Not enough liquid such as broth or water was added. Add some more and cook covered until it’s absorbed into the spaghetti.
Why is my pasta mushy and soggy? Too much liquid was added. There is no way to reverse this. Next time, add less liquid and measure properly. Don’t eyeball anything!
Refrigerate– Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat– In the microwave with a splash of water, if necessary.
Freeze– This is not recommended because pasta does not thaw well and the texture is entirely different.
More One Pot Pasta Recipes
One Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Onions, Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic, Finely chopped
- 1 pound Chicken breast, Cut into cubes, strips or use whole breast
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper , To taste
- 8 oz Spaghetti, Uncooked
- 1.5 cups Chicken broth, Low sodium
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup Cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Blue cheese dressing
- In a wide non-stick pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Add spaghetti, broth, buffalo sauce. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and now, you have 2 options: 1) Remove chicken breast and shred it with 2 forks and mix it back into the pot OR you can slice it into small cubes and add it back into the pot. Also, instead of big chicken breasts, you could have just used small chicken breast cubes or strips and skipped this step. (My family likes shredded chicken and that’s why I do this extra step).
- Turn on the heat and stir in cream cheese and blue cheese dressing.
- Uncover and let it simmer and cook until pasta is tender and liquid is reduced.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and can be reheated in the microwave.