40 Cloves Garlic Chicken (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy 40 cloves garlic chicken recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. This 30 minute meal is loaded with garlic and Italian flavors.
If you like my one pot honey garlic chicken or my one pan chili lime chicken ,I have a feeling you would like this one pot garlic chicken recipe too. You guys know how much I love garlic and I think a meal is incomplete without it…lol.
Garlic chicken marinade
In a deep bowl, mix together 1/4 cup wine, 1/4 cup chicken broth, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, Italian seasoning. Add chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight for a deeper flavor.
Garlic chicken gravy
Cook the marinade in a nonstick pot on medium high heat until it’s reduced to a gravy consistency. If you like, you can also mix in diluted cornstarch or flour to make it thicker.
Chicken with garlic sauce
The sauce is made with wine, broth and flavored with 40 cloves garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, Italian seasoning. It’s cooked until it’s reduced and becomes thick.
Garlic chicken pasta
Serve this chicken with boiled spaghetti or just toss boiled noodles in the pot with the chicken and sauce. Garnish with some shredded parmesan cheese.
Creamy garlic chicken
There are 2 ways to make this meal creamy:
- Dilute cornstarch or flour with some water and mix that into the sauce.
- Add 1/3 cup cream cheese and mix that into the sauce. The flavor does change this way.
Variations for chicken with 40 cloves of garlic:
- Garlic Chicken and Potatoes- Add 1 cup potatoes (cut into cubes) in this recipe.
- Garlic Chicken Thighs– Replace chicken breast with thighs.
- Garlic Chicken Wings– Replace chicken breast with wings.
Tips for easy garlic chicken recipe:
- Use unsalted butter and low sodium both to prevent the meal from becoming too salty.
- Whole chicken breasts or thighs or drumsticks can easily be used in this recipe. I like to use cube sized chicken breast pieces because they cook faster.
- Don’t chop the garlic into small pieces because whole garlic needs to be used.
- Adjust the amount of Italian seasoning based on your preference.
How do I cook garlic chicken breast?
- Heat oil and butter in a nonstick pot.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink.
- Add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, broth, wine, lemon juice and mix.
- Cover with lid and cook for a few minutes.
- Uncover and cook until liquid is reduced.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
How do you make baked garlic chicken? How do you make garlic roasted chicken?
- Marinade chicken in a marinade of 1/4 cup wine, 1/4 cup broth, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, Italian seasoning for at least 1 hour or overnight for a deeper flavor.
- Place chicken on sheet pan and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.
How do you make garlic sauce for chicken?
It’s made by mixing together wine, chicken broth and flavored with 40 cloves garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, Italian seasoning. It’s cooked until it’s reduced and becomes thick.
Other One Pot ChickenRecipes:
One Pot Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 1.5 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 2 pounds Boneless chicken, Cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 40 cloves Garlic, Fresh, Whole
- 1/2 cup White wine, Or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth, Low sodium
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- Heat oil and butter in a nonstick pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and cook on both sides until no longer pink.
- Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add wine, broth, lemon juice and mix.
- Cover and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook uncovered until liquid is reduced and sauce becomes thick to your desired consistency.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!