Cajun Chicken Pasta (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy Cajun chicken pasta recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. This 30 minute meal is comfort food, packed with Cajun seasoning.
We are a family who does not like bland food and this is a hit every single time!
This easy cajun chicken pasta recipe is the ultimate comfort food!
Cajun chicken and shrimp pasta recipe
Reduce the amount of chicken by half and replace the remaining amount with shrimp. The rest of the steps are the same.
Creamy Cajun chicken pasta
Increase the amount of Alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese.
Cajun chicken pasta Alfredo
Mix in store-bought or homemade Alfredo sauce in the pasta, near the end.
Cajun chicken and sausage pasta
Reduce the amount of chicken by half and replace the remaining amount with sliced sausage links. The rest of the steps are the same.
Cajun chicken pasta penne
I used spaghetti but you can use penne pasta too. The flavor won’t be affected obviously.
Healthy Cajun chicken pasta
Use low fat cheese and low fat Alfredo sauce. Also, replace butter with olive oil. Those substitutions should make this a bit healthier.
Cajun chicken pasta bake
- Stir fry Cajun chicken with vegetables.
- Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Boil pasta.
- Spread out pasta in a large casserole dish.
- Top it off with chicken and vegetables.
- Pour Alfredo sauce on top.
- Sprinkle lots of parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and you are done.
Slow cooker/ Crockpot Cajun chicken pasta
This is not a crockpot recipe. It would need to be heavily adjusted for it to work well in a slow cooker.
How to make Cajun chicken pasta? How do you make creamy Cajun pasta?
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick pot.
- Add chicken and seasonings and cook until no longer pink.
- Add red peppers, onions, garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add Alfredo sauce, parmesan cheese and boiled pasta.
- Mix everything together and you are done.
How do you make creamy Cajun sauce?
- Heat store-bought or homemade Alfredo sauce.
- Add Cajun seasoning.
- Mix until combined and you are done.
How do you make Cajun chicken Alfredo sauce?
- Cook chicken with Cajun seasoning until golden brown.
- Mix in Alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese and you are done.
What to serve with Cajun chicken pasta (sides/side dish)?
- Bread sticks
- Dinner rolls
- Garlic bread
How to make homemade cajun seasoning?
Mix together the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp onion powder
Tips for one pot cajun chicken pasta
- Prior to cooking, cut the chicken really small because it mixes more evenly with the pasta and you get to enjoy it in every single bite.
- Either homemade or store-bought Alfredo sauce can be used.
- Important: Make sure the Alfredo sauce you are using is plain and not seasoned with other herbs and spices.
- Any type of pasta can be used- spaghetti, linguine, penne, elbow, shells e.t.c.
- Use unsalted butter to prevent the meal from becoming too salty.
- To enhance the creaminess, add more Alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese. However, I feel like that dilutes the Cajun flavor. So, add more Cajun seasoning to offset any loss of flavor.
- I used only chicken but you can also make this with sausage and even shrimp.
- Use a large nonstick pot to prevent any sticking and burning.
- I didn’t add a lot of veggies but you can add whatever vegetables you like.
- Adjust the amount of Cajun seasoning, based on your preference.
- I used only parmesan cheese but you can use a variety of cheeses in this recipe.
Other One Pot Pasta Recipes
- One Pot Basil Pesto Pasta
- One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- One Pot Bacon Pasta
- One Pot Garlic Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 2 pounds Boneless chicken breast, Cut into very small cubes
- 3 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper , To taste
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/3 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Red pepper, Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Garlic , Finely minced
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce, Adjust according to your preference, OR heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil spaghetti in a large nonstick pot, as per box instructions. Drain water and keep aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, lemon zest and saute everything until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add onion, red peppers, garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Make sure not to burn the garlic.
- Pour Alfredo sauce and cook until mixture is thick and creamy.
Note: If you are using heavy cream instead of Alfredo sauce, let it cook over medium high heat until liquid is reduced and sauce thickens.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Mix in boiled spaghetti and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- If you are not fond of Alfredo sauce, you can omit it completely and just mix in parmesan cheese and it will still taste great.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!