Oven Roasted Carrots (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy oven roasted carrots recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pan/ pot. This 30 minute side dish is flavored with salt, pepper and garlic.
I am finally adding these carrots to my long list of easy roasted vegetable recipes:
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Sausage and Vegetables (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Green Beans (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Broccoli (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Asparagus (One Pan)
- Quick Oven Roasted Tomatoes (One Pan)
All of them make a delicious and healthy side dish that can be served at regular weeknight meals or even dinner parties. They are crispy but tender and slightly caramelized. They are also bite-sized and obviously kids love that! Serve them with baked or grilled chicken or pork chops or even pasta.
How to make roasted carrots in the oven?
- Spread carrots in a baking tray.
- Mix in olive oil and seasonings and toss everything together.
- Bake and mix in fresh parsley and you are done.
How do you make best honey roasted carrots?
Also known as glazed carrots. Mix in 2 tbsp of brown sugar, honey or maple syrup with all the other ingredients and then bake. Be sure to toss everything a couple of times to prevent burning.
How long does it take to roast carrots at 425 degrees? 450 degrees?
I prefer baking at 450 degrees. The high temperature evaporates moisture quicker in less than 30 minutes and makes them nice and crispy. 425 degrees requires baking for an additional 5-8 minutes.
Tips and variations
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Spread out the carrots so they are not overlapping because this allows even baking.
- Do not cover the pan with foil because that steams instead of roasting and makes the carrots mushy instead of crisp.
- Rainbow carrots or even whole carrots can be used, although I prefer baby carrots.
- For a deeper flavor, use a combination of unsalted butter and olive oil.
- I used salt, pepper, parsley and garlic powder but you can mix in Italian seasoning and other fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, cilantro e.t.c.
- Fresh garlic can be used instead of garlic powder.
- If you like cheese, mix in about 2-3 tbsp of finely shredded parmesan cheese, as soon as you take the tray out of the oven. My son loves this!
- For a spicy kick, add 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
You can also make one pan roasted baby carrots with:
- Sweet potatoes
- Brussel sprouts
One Pan Roasted Carrots Recipe
- Spread carrots on a baking tray, lined with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle oil all over the top and sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder. Toss everything together.
- Spread them out and make sure they are not overlapping each other, for even baking.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until tender, golden brown and slightly charred, making sure to toss everything halfway during baking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!