Honey Sriracha Chicken (One Pot)
Quick and easy honey sriracha chicken recipe made in one pan in just 30 minutes on stovetop. It’s a sweet and spicy weeknight meal, made with simple ingredients.
I love sriracha and this honey sriracha chicken recipe always leaves my mouth watering.
Usually, I serve it with plain boiled rice or butter rice but it’s also great in tacos, pastas, sandwiches and so much more.
If you are making this for kids, definitely lower the amount of sriracha sauce.
Tips for Honey Sriracha Chicken Recipe:
- Use a non-stick pan to prevent the chicken and sauce from sticking and burning.
- Adjust the amount of sriracha sauce, based on your preference.
- I used small chicken breast cubes in this recipe but you can also make sriracha chicken breast, thighs, wings, legs, bites, tenders.
- To make sriracha chicken stir fry, add frozen stir fry vegetables near the end and cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are cooked and crisp and not soggy.
- To make honey lime sriracha chicken, replace lemon juice with lemon juice. You can even add 1 tsp lemon zest to take it over the top.
- Use hard or soft tacos and add your favorite taco toppings to make sriracha chicken tacos.
- To make a healthier meal, make sriracha chicken lettuce wraps.
- Use leftover sriracha chicken in a burger or sandwich for lunches.
- You can garnish with toasted sesame seeds to give it a little crunch or you can garnish with cilantro or green onions/scallions.
How to make sriracha chicken? How to make honey sriracha chicken?
- Heat oil in a pan and add saute chicken for a few seconds.
- Add ginger, garlic, sriracha, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, honey and mix.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked.
- Uncover and let it cook until liquid is reduced to a thick consistency.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy.
To make just sriracha chicken, omit honey. I think it’s a bit too spicy but my hubby likes it.
How to marinate chicken with sriracha?
You can mix all these ingredients together in a bowl to make a sweet and spicy sriracha chicken marinade:
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
This marinade is great for making grilled or baked honey sriracha chicken.
Other Chicken Dinner Recipes:
Honey Sriracha Chicken
Quick and easy honey sriracha chicken recipe made in one pan in just 30 minutes. It's a sweet and spicy weeknight meal, made with simple ingredients.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 pounds Chicken breast Cut into small 2 inch cubes
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce Low sodium
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste Or 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger paste 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds For garnish
Heat oil on medium heat in a non-stick pot or pan.
Add chicken and saute for a few seconds.
Add sriracha, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic pasta, ginger paste, salt, pepper, honey and mix.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Uncover and let it cook until liquid is reduced and sauce's thickness is to your desired consistency.
Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Happy cooking everyone!