Easy Pineapple Chicken (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy pineapple chicken recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot and just 30 minutes on stovetop. This simple weeknight meal is sweet and tangy with a subtle spicy kick.
This pineapple chicken recipe is sweet and tangy with a little spicy kick to it.
It’s so easy to make and packs so much flavor.
Compared to other recipes, this would be considered a slightly healthy version since chicken is not fried first.
I also have a crockpot/slow cooker pineapple chicken recipe that you should also check out.
Tips for easy pineapple chicken:
- Use non-stick pan to prevent burning and sticking.
- Adjust the amount of spices, especially red chili flakes, to your preference.
- Use whatever vegetables you like. I only used onions and green peppers.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a Ziploc bag to make a pineapple chicken marinade. It’s great for grilling outside or baking in the oven too.
- Both, fresh or canned pineapples can be used in this recipe.
- Some other garnish ideas are finely chopped green onions, cilantro, roasted sesame seeds.
- This tastes best served over boiled rice or even fried rice.
- I used boneless chicken breast cubes but whole chicken breasts or even drumsticks can be used.
Other One Pot Chicken Recipes:
Easy One Pot Pineapple Chicken
- 2 tbsp Oil, Preferably a combination of sesame oil and olive oil
- 1 pound Boneless chicken, Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp Garlic, Finely minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, Finely minced
- 1/2 cup Onions, Cut into 1 inch squares
- 1/2 cup Green pepper, Cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup Pineapple, Fresh or canned, Cut into small 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce, Low sodium
- 1/3 cup Chicken broth, Low sodium
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper , To taste
- 1.5 tsp Red chili flakes, For garnish
- Add oil in a non-stick pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and saute until golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, onions, green pepper, pineapples and cook for about 4 minutes until the pepper and pineapples are tender.
- Add pineapple juice, soy sauce, broth, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cornstarch and mix everything together.
Tip: To avoid cornstarch from forming lumps, dissolve it in 2 tbsp water and then, add that into pan.
- Let everything cook for a few more minutes until liquid is reduced and the sauce becomes thick.
- Sprinkle with red chili flakes and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Happy cooking everyone!
GAH I love this one pot easy meal! Totally making it this week.
One pot meals are so handy! I love the Asian flavors you have used! Sounds great.
I love the idea of throwing this on the grill too! Thanks!!
What a great combination of flavors. I will be adding this to my must make menu.
This looks really good for dinner any night of the week!
I bet this tastes really good! Perfect dinner for summer nights!
Obsessed with this!! Can’t wait to try it!