Tomato Avocado Salad (One Bowl)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Healthy, quick, easy avocado salad recipe, made with simple ingredients in one bowl in 20 minutes. A Mexican salad loaded with tomatoes and lemon dressing.
Enjoy this as a side or serve it with protein like grilled chicken, baked fish, stir fried shrimp for a more filling dinner.
What can I make for dinner with avocado?
Try this Jalapeno Avocado Pasta OR use it to make a salad with your favorite vegetables and lemon/ lime dressing.
How do you make guacamole salad?
- Use mashed avocados instead of dicing them.
- Mix that together with lime juice, cilantro, onions, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper and enjoy.
What salad dressing goes with avocado?
A simple lemon or lime dressing with lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil is the best.
How to make avocado salad recipe?
- Add avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, onions in a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil, lime juice, zest, salt, pepper, garlic powder and mix until combined and you are done.
Tips and Techniques
-The amount of all the ingredients in this recipe can be adjusted, based on your preference.
-Chilling is not required but highly recommended to allow the flavors to deepen.
-If you don’t have limes, you can use lemons, although I think that limes taste the best.
-Cilantro is highly recommended, especially if you are going but if you are not fond of it, replace that with parsley or dill.
-If you want a spicy kick, mix in a small finely chopped jalapeno.
-For best flavor, use ripe tomatoes and avocados.
-For a more tangy flavor, add more lime juice.
-I used cherry tomatoes but you can also use ripe Roma tomatoes.
-Cucumber tomato avocado salad– Mix in 1 cup diced cucumbers.
-Avocado chicken salad– Mix in 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken or 1 sliced baked/grilled chicken breast.
-Avocado tuna salad– Mix in 1 cup canned tuna.
-Avocado shrimp salad– Mix in 1 cup stir-fried shrimp.
Other Ingredients or Add-ins
-Quinoa– Cooked, according to box instructions.
-Beans– Boiled or canned.
-Mango– Should be ripe and cut into small chunks.
-Grapefruit/ Orange– Should be ripe and sliced into small pieces.
-Kale, lettuce, spinach or other leafy greens.
-Pasta– Boiled macaroni works best.
-Chickpeas– Boiled or canned.
-Cheese– Shredded mozzarella or feta work best.
-Bacon– Cooked crumbles are my preference.
-Corn– Mix in 1/2 cup frozen corn
-Eggs– Mix in 3 boiled eggs, diced.
Other Salad Recipes
- Asian Cucumber Salad (One Bowl)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing (One Bowl)
- Broccoli Salad (One Bowl)
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint (One Bowl)
- Italian Tortellini Salad (One Bowl)
- Creamy Grape Salad (One Bowl)
Easy Avocado Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
- 2 Avocados, Large, Peeled, Pitted, Diced
- 1/2 cup Onion, Preferably red, Finely chopped
- 15 Cherry tomatoes, Cut in half, or 1 large diced tomato
- 1 Jalapeno, Optional, Small, Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, Roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Lime zest , Optional
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- In a large salad bowl, add avocados, onion, tomatoes, jalapeno (optional) cilantro,
- Drizzle lime juice, lime zest (optional), oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Mix everything together and serve immediately OR chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to deepen.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Happy cooking everyone!