Oven Roasted Green Beans (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy roasted green beans recipe, made in one pan/ pot in 30 minutes with simple ingredients. Easy side dish- Crispy yet tender.
I am adding these one pan oven roasted green beans to my growing collection of oven roasted vegetables like this Oven Roasted Broccoli (One Pan) and this Oven Roasted Asparagus (One Pan) and these Quick Oven Roasted Tomatoes (One Pan).
These beans have a perfect texture- tender on the inside but crisp on the outside. The addition of roasted sesame seeds adds a subtle Asian flavor and crunch.
Also, if you can’t get enough of green beans, you must make these Green Beans with Bacon (One Pot).
Roasting green beans requires only 30 minutes!
How to roast green beans?
- Toss the green beans with oil and spices in a sheet pan.
- Spread them out.
- Bake and garnish with sesame seeds and you are done.
Roasted potatoes and green beans
This is quite popular. Mix in 1 cup small 1 inch potato cubes with the green beans and then bake. Make sure potatoes are not too big so that both, the beans and potatoes, cook fully at the same time.
How long does it take to roast fresh green beans?
It takes between 20-30 minutes, depending on the oven temperature.
How long does it take to roast green beans at 375 degrees?
It will take 30 minutes.
How do you roast green beans and garlic (crispy roasted green beans with garlic)?
You can use garlic powder or fresh garlic. If you are using fresh garlic, finely chop 2 cloves of garlic and mix that into the beans and roast both of them together.
What is the best way to cook fresh green beans?
Roast them in the oven with some simple spices and a topping of roasted sesame seeds. They are crispy on the outside and have an amazing flavor with a little crunch.
Can you roast green beans?
Yes, you can roast them at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Roasted green beans with parmesan
When beans come out of the oven, sprinkle 1/3 cup parmesan cheese and let the heat melt it and serve immediately.
Roasted green beans and carrots
Mix in 1 cup sliced round carrots with the green beans and then bake.
Roasted green beans with bacon
Mix in cooked crumbled bacon with the roasted beans at the end.
Roasted green beans with almonds
Toss 2 tbsp roasted sliced on top of your roasted beans at the end.
Roasted fresh green beans
Fresh and frozen beans are both roasted the same way although fresh beans cook a little faster than frozen beans.
Tips for best oven roasted green beans recipe
- Fresh or frozen green beans can both be used although I think fresh tastes better and they cook a little faster too.
- Adjust the amount of spices, based on your preference.
- Use roasted sesame seeds since they have a better flavor profile.
- Instead of sesame seeds, you can also top off the beans with sliced almonds, finely chopped peanuts or even crumbled cooked bacon or just shredded parmesan cheese.
- For spicy kick, add 1/2 tsp red chili flakes.
- Make sue beans are totally dry or else the added moisture will make them soggy during baking.
Other One Pot Side Dishes
- Broccoli Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
- Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
- Waldorf Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
One Pan Oven Roasted Green Beans
Quick and easy roasted green beans recipe, made in one pan/ pot in 30 minutes, requiring simple ingredients. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside.
- 1 pound Green beans Fresh, Washed, Dried, Ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds Preferably roasted
Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
Spread out the green beans.
Pour olive oil all over the beans.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder all over the beans.
Toss everything together until fully coated and spread them out again.
Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, making sure to toss everything again at 10 minutes. They are ready when they are slightly shriveled and have some brown spots on them.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh out of the oven. I don't recommend storing leftovers because the texture becomes soft and "mushy."
Happy cooking everyone!