Roasted Red Pepper Soup (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy roasted red pepper soup recipe, made with simple ingredients in one pot on stovetop. This 30 minute meal is creamy, loaded with tomatoes & Italian herbs.
How to make roasted red pepper soup/ Roasted red pepper tomato soup?
- Heat butter and oil.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Mix in flour and cook.
- Add tomatoes, red peppers, broth.
- Blend and make soup smooth.
- Mix in sriracha sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper.
- Let it simmer.
- Mix in milk.
- Garnish and you are done.
What sides to serve with creamy roasted red pepper soup?
- Garlic bread
- Grilled cheese sandwich
- Crusty bread
- Dinner rolls
- Garlic bread
- Pita bread
How to make make soup thick and creamy?
This can be accomplished by the addition of:
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Half and half
- Whole milk
- Sour cream
- Flour (That’s what I used in this recipe)
Soup garnish and toppings
-Herbs: Use fresh, roughly chopped basil, parsley, cilantro.
-Croutons: Seasoned croutons taste the best.
-Cheese: Shredded mozzarella and parmesan are best! Gouda cheese is also a classic choice.
Tips and Techniques
-Use nonstick pot to prevent sticking and burning.
-Use low sodium broth and unsalted butter to prevent soup from becoming too salty.
-If you don’t have vegetable broth, you can replace it with chicken broth.
-Adjust the amount of seasonings, based on your preference.
-Jarred roasted red peppers or homemade roasted red peppers can be used.
-Sriracha sauce is optional but highly recommended since it adds a subtle spicy kick. You can also replace it with 1/2 test red chili flakes OR even omit it altogether if you don’t like spice.
-All-purpose flour yields the best results. Don’t replace it with any other flour.
-If soup looks too thin at the end, cook without lid on medium heat until liquid is reduced and soup thickens to your desired consistency.
-If soup is too thick, thin it by adding some more broth or water at the end.
Other One Pot Soup Recipes
- Chicken Vegetable Soup (One Pot)
- Beef Barley Soup (One Pot)
- Vegetable Beef Soup (One Pot)
- One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Vegetable Soup (One Pot)
One Pot Roasted Red Pepper Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Finely minced
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 cans Crushed tomatoes, 15 oz. cans
- 1 jar Roasted red peppers, 12 oz. jar
- 2 cups Vegetable broth, Low sodium
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce, Optional
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 3/4 cup Whole milk, Or heavy cream
- Heat butter and oil in a nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add flour and continue cooking until your have a thick paste that’s golden brown. Turn off heat.
- Add crushed tomatoes, roasted red peppers, broth.
- Use a hand held immersion blender to blend everything until smooth and there are no flour lumps.
- Turn on heat to medium heat.
- Add sriracha sauce (optional), Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Optional: Turn off heat and mix in milk.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil and/or parsley.
- Top off with seasoned croutons, prior to serving. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Happy cooking everyone!