Asian Ramen Noodle Salad (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick, easy crunchy ramen noodle salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 10 minutes. Full of toasted peanuts, sesame seeds, shredded cabbage, carrots, green onions.
It’s hard to believe something so simple can taste so good, but that is what my recipes are all about! For more Asian- inspired goodness, check out my Asian Cucumber Recipe Salad (One Bowl) and Asian Slaw or Coleslaw (One Bowl) or even Thai Chicken Salad (One Bowl). You won’t want to miss out on these at the next get-together and if you are feeling ambitious, try this Homemade Kimchi.
How to make ramen noodle salad recipe from scratch?
- Make dressing- By whisking together oil, vinegar, seasoning, sugar, ginger powder, sesame seeds.
- Add remaining ingredients– This includes green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, ramen noodles, peanuts.
- Serve immediately– And enjoy.
What to serve with Asian salad with ramen noodles?
A perfect pairing is any Asian Chicken recipe:
- Chinese Jalepeno Chicken (One Pot)
- Szechuan Chicken (One Pot)
- Chinese Bourbon Chicken (One Pot)
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken
- Mango Chicken (One Pot)
- Crockpot Orange Chicken
- Honey Sesame Chicken (One Pot)
- Black Pepper Chicken (One Pot)
- Honey Garlic Chicken (One Pot)
You can also serve alongside Asian Beef recipes:
- Instant Pot Ginger Beef
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Pepper Steak Recipe (One Pot)
Asian soups would complete any meal:
Variations for Asian slaw with ramen
Use broccoli slaw- Instead of using cabbage, switch up up with shredded broccoli.
Add chicken– This would be great with some Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, leftover Oven Baked Spatchcock Chicken (One Pan), leftover Instant Pot Whole Chicken (Rotisserie Chicken), or even seared chicken cubes.
Try other nuts and seeds- Such as sunflower seeds, chopped cashews, or sliced almonds.
Add other vegetables- Such as cucumbers, bok choy, bell peppers, broccoli, or cauliflower.
Try other herbs and spices- Add some basil, parsley, or even mint to change up the flavor profile. Fresh is always best, in terms of flavor and presentation.
Add cooked quinoa- This will make it a heartier dish.
Tips and techniques for crunchy Chinese cabbage salad with ramen noodles
Rice vinegar substitute- If you don’t have rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar also works great for this recipe.
How to break up ramen noodles?– Place the noodle blocks in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin into smaller pieces.
Black sesame seeds vs. White sesame seeds– Either can be used in this recipe, but I like the black sesame seeds for the overall aesthetic appeal.
Sesame seeds and peanuts must be toasted- Because this gives the salad more crunch and adds to the overall flavor.
This must be served immediately- Because that’s how you will get the best crunch otherwise the ramen noodles will get soggy fast.
Sugar substitute- You can try coconut sugar, agave, honey, maple syrup or even Splenda.
What flavor of ramen noodles to use?- Use soy sauce or chicken flavor for the best flavor but this can be altered to your preference.
Don’t cook the ramen noodles- They are supposed to add crunch!
Make ahead instructions- This is an easy recipe to make ahead if you have a busy day ahead of you. Store the salad, dressing, noodles into individual containers in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Then, toss until combined.
Fridge- This is not recommended because the noodles will become soggy and the veggies will become limp.
Freezer- Do not freeze this salad! The ingredients will not thaw well and you’ll end up with a watery mess.
More One Pot Salad recipes
- Green Salad (One Bowl)
- Cucumber Radish Salad (One Bowl)
- Easy Kale Salad (One Bowl)
- Cucumber Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
- Tomato Avocado Salad (One Bowl)
- Cherry Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
One Pot Ramen Noodle Salad
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Toasted sesame oil, Adjust according to your preference because it's a strong flavor
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 2 packets Seasoning packets , From the ramen noodle packages
- 2-3 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 2 tsp Black sesame seeds, Toasted, Can be replaced with white sesame seeds
- In a large salad bowl, make the dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, seasoning, sugar, ginger powder, sesame seeds until smooth.
- Add green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, ramen noodles, peanuts and toss until combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day but the noodles will become soggy. It’s best to store dressing, salad and noodles separately until you are ready to serve.