Asian Ramen Noodle Salad (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick, easy crunchy ramen noodle salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 10 minutes. Full of toasted peanuts, sesame seeds, shredded cabbage, carrots, green onions.
This is such an easy salad to make, but so tasty! It’s hard to believe something so simple can taste so good, but that is what my recipes are all about! For more Asian inspired goodness, check out my Asian Cucumber Recipe Salad (One Bowl) and Cranberry Chicken Salad (One Pot). You won’t want to miss out on these at the next get-together!
How to make ramen noodle salad recipe from scratch?
- Whisk together- Oil, vinegar, seasoning, sugar, ginger powder, and sesame seeds.
- Add– Green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, ramen noodles, and peanuts.
- Serve– Immediately and enjoy.
What to serve with Asian salad with ramen noodles?
A perfect pairing for this salad is an accompanying Asian inspired meat dish:
- Chinese Jalepeno Chicken (One Pot)
- Chicken Pad Thai (One Pot)
- Szechuan Chicken (One Pot)
- Chinese Bourbon Chicken (One Pot)
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken
- Mango Chicken (One Pot)
- Crockpot Orange Chicken
- Honey Sesame Chicken (One Pot)
- Black Pepper Chicken (One Pot)
- Honey Garlic Chicken (One Pot)
- Chicken Corn Soup (One Pot)
- Instant Pot Ginger Beef
- Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
- Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli Recipe
- Pepper Steak Recipe (One Pot)
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
This salad is also great with a sandwich or quesadilla:
- Cucumber Sandwich (One Pan)
- Chicken Quesadilla (One Pan)
- Best Cheese Quesadilla (One Pan)
- Ham and Cheese Sliders (One Pan)
- Turkey Salad (One Pot)
- Vegetarian Quesadilla (One Pan)
- Loose Meat Sandwich (Tavern Sandwich)
Variations for Asian slaw with ramen
Broccoli slaw replacement- Instead of using cabbage, switch up up with shredded broccoli slaw.
Add chicken– This would be great with some Instant Pot Shredded Chicken, leftover Rotisserie chicken, or seared chicken chunks.
Add beef- To boost the flavor. You can even switch the Romen noodle seasoning to beef flavor for a unified combination. I suggest trying Instant Pot Shredded Beef, steak bites, or leftover Roast Beef (One Pot).
Try other nuts and seeds- Such as sunflower seeds, chopped cashews, or sliced almonds.
Add other vegetables- Such as cucumbers, bok choy, bell peppers, broccoli, or cauliflower.
Try other herbs and spices- Add some basil, parsley, or even mint to change up the flavor.
Add quinoa- This will make it a heartier dish.
Tips and techniques for crunchy Chinese cabbage salad with ramen noodles
Rice vinegar substitute- If you don’t have rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar also works great for this recipe.
How to break up ramen noodles?– Place the blocks in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin into smaller pieces.
Black sesame seeds vs. White sesame seeds– Either can be used in this recipe, but I like the black sesame seeds for the overall aesthetic appeal.
Sesame seeds and peanuts must be toasted- Because this gives the salad more crunch and adds to its overall flavor.
Must be served immediately- Because that’s how you will get the best crunch. Otherwise the romen noodles get soggy fast.
Sugar substitute- You can use your favorite sugar substitute, which may include coconut sugar, agave, honey, or Splenda.
What flavor of ramen noodles to use?- Use soy sauce or chicken flavor for the best combination.
Make Ahead- This is an easy recipe to make a head if you have a busy day ahead of you. Prepare the recipe above except do not add dressing or noodles until you are ready to serve so that the noodles stay crispy. Simply separate salad, dressing, and noodles into individual containers and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Fridge- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day. However, it is best to store dressing, salad and noodles separately until you are ready to serve so that the noodles don’t get soggy.
Freezer- Do not freeze this salad! The ingredients will not thaw well and you’ll end up with a yucky mess.
More One Pot Salad recipes
- Green Salad (One Bowl)
- Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
- Cucumber Radish Salad (One Bowl)
- Asian Slaw or Coleslaw (One Bowl)
- Thai Chicken Salad (One Bowl)
- Easy Kale Salad (One Bowl)
- Cucumber Onion Salad (One Bowl)
- Cucumber Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
- Creamy Cucumber Salad (One Bowl)
- Tomato Avocado Salad (One Bowl)
- Broccoli Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
- Cherry Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
One Pot Ramen Noodle Salad
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Toasted sesame oil, Adjust according to your preference because it's a strong flavor
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 2 packets Seasoning packets , From the ramen noodle packages
- 2-3 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ginger powder
- 2 tsp Black sesame seeds, Toasted, Can be replaced with white sesame seeds
- 4 cups Shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups Shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Green onion
- 2 packages Ramen noodles, 3 oz. each, Roughly chopped and broken up, Soy sauce flavor or Chicken flavor, Dry and not cooked
- 1/2 cup Peanuts, Toasted, Can be replaced with slivered almonds
- In a large salad bowl, make the dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, seasoning, sugar, ginger powder, sesame seeds until smooth.
- Add green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, ramen noodles, peanuts and toss until combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day but the noodles will become soggy. It’s best to store dressing, salad and noodles separately until you are ready to serve.