Avocado Egg Salad (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy avocado egg salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 15 minutes. This no mayo egg salad is loaded with boiled eggs, avocados and fresh herbs.
Healthy and filling is a hard combination to come by in most foods, but this salad is both! The creamy avocado and eggs provide tons of protein and healthy fats to keep your mind and body fueled and full longer. It is also super quick and easy to put together, making it an all-around winner! Make sure to also try my Cranberry Chicken Salad (One Bowl) if you’d like another variation of a salad sandwich.
How to make avocado egg salad?
- In a bowl– Add avocados and mash with a fork until chunky.
- Add chopped eggs, yogurt, lemon juice, onions, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper– Mix until combined.
- Use it as a filling in a sandwich– Enjoy!
What to serve with avocado egg salad recipe?
Soup and salad are always a perfect combination! Pair this sandwich with any of these soups: Chicken Corn Soup (One Pot), Roasted Red Pepper Soup (One Pot), Tomato Basil Soup Recipe (One Pot), or Easy Vegetable Soup Recipe (One Pot),
Another great option is a simple green salad or this Strawberry Spinach Salad With Poppy seed Dressing (One Bowl).
Any vegetable would make a great side, whether it’s a raw veggie tray or something cooked like these Oven Roasted Vegetables (One Pan).
Refrigerate- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
Freeze- I do not recommend because the avocado will brown over time and the texture of the eggs will change too much.
Add another protein- Such as shredded rotisserie chicken or even tuna.
Try it with something besides sandwich bread- Such as a lettuce wrap, tortilla, stuffed in a pita, over a green salad.
Mix in your favorite pasta– Such as elbow or macaroni noodles, cavatappi, rotini, or ditalini.
Add bacon– Mix in some chopped bacon or crumble it on top as a garnish.
Make it spicy- Add diced or sliced jalapenos, crushed red chili flakes, or cayenne pepper for a kick.
Add other seasoning– Such as Mexican, Italian, Greek, Cajun, or Curry seasoning.
Add cheese- Such as mozzarella, pepper jack, or provolone.
Tips and Techniques
How to keep the salad from turning brown? I like to put the salad into a container and then press plastic wrap down over the salad so that it is completely touching the salad. This seal prevents oxygen from getting to the salad and causing the green avocado to turn brown.
What to use instead of Greek Yogurt? You can use sour cream as a substitute, but I prefer the thickness of the Greek yogurt.
Use a fork to mash the avocado- You can use a food processor if you prefer, but I find a fork is just as quick and easy, and is less clean up too.
What if I don’t like to hard boil eggs? Some grocery stores carry packaged hard boiled eggs so you can just skip this step in the salad making process.
Don’t skip the lemon juice- The tartness helps to balance the richness of the avocado and egg, and the acidity also helps to keep the avocado from browning too quickly.
More Sandwich Recipes
- Easy Tomato Sandwich (One Pan)
- Cucumber Sandwich (One Pan)
- Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich (One Pan)
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich (One Pan)
- Loose Meat Sandwich (Tavern Sandwich)
One Pot Avocado Egg Salad
- 1 Avocado, Ripe, Large, Pitted and Peeled
- 5 Eggs, Large, Hard boiled, Peeled and Roughly chopped. Can use only 4 eggs if you want a stronger avocado flavor
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, Or sour cream
- 1-2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Onions, Finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, Finely minced
- 2 tbsp Fresh herbs, Use combination of your favorite herbs like cilantro, parsley, chives or dill
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- In a large bowl, add avocados and mash with a fork until chunky.
- Add chopped eggs, yogurt, lemon juice, onions, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper and mix until combined.
- Use it as a filling in a sandwich. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.