Cashew Chicken (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy cashew chicken recipe, made in one pot and 30 minutes on stovetop with simple ingredients. Better than Chinese takeout!
This simple one pot cashew chicken is one of my favorite meals because I love cashews.
It gives this meal a wonderful crunch that I simply can’t get enough of!
Tips for homemade cashew chicken stir fry:
- Don’t omit sesame oil since it adds flavor to this recipe.
- Use roasted cashews because they have a deeper flavor.
- Use low sodium soy sauce and unsalted cashews to prevent this meal from becoming too salty.
- Double the sauce ingredients, if you like more sauce.
- Lemon juice can be used instead of vinegar.
- Use whatever vegetables you like. I only used green peppers and onions.
- This is best served over boiled rice or fried rice. You can also try my one pot cauliflower fried rice.
How to make cashew chicken?
- Heat oil and stir fry chicken with ginger and garlic.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, honey, Sriracha sauce and mix.
- Add green peppers, onions, salt, pepper and mix again.
- Add cornstarch.
- Add cashews and cook until sauce thickens.
Other One Pot Chicken Dinner Recipes:
Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1.5 pounds Chicken breast, Bonesless, Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Ginger, Finely minced
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic, Finely minced
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes, Optional
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce, Low sodium
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha sauce, Or chili sauce
- 1 cup Green peppers, Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup Onion , Cut into 1 inch pieces
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Cashews, Unsalted, Roasted
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a nonstick pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, ginger, garlic, red chili flakes and stir fry until slightly golden brown.
- Add honey, soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha sauce or sweet chili sauce. Mix everything together.
- Add green peppers and onion and mix again.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cornstarch OR dissolve cornstarch in 2 tbsp water and add that into the pot. Mix well.
- Add cashews and cook for a few more minutes until liquid is reduced and sauce thickens.
- Serve with rice and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Happy cooking everyone!