Cucumber Radish Salad (One Bowl)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy cucumber radish salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one bowl in 10 minutes. Flavored with lemon, dill, green onions.
This is one of the most refreshing salads you will have all summer! It is loaded with flavor, color, and health benefits. Here are some must try recipes featuring the bright and crunchy cucumber: Cucumber Onion Salad (One Bowl), Creamy Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad (One Bowl), Cucumber Tomato Salad (One Bowl), Creamy Cucumber Salad (One Bowl), and the Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe (One Bowl). Which one do you want to try first?
How To Make Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe From Scratch?
- Toss ingredients in large bowl– This includes radishes, cucumbers, green onions, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Let it sit– For 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately- And enjoy!
What To Serve With Easy Healthy Radish Salad?
This makes a delicious side dish with smoked, baked, roasted or grilled chicken, steak and even seafood (fish such as salmon, shrimps e.t.c). It’s also considered to be a classic side dish for picnics, potlucks and Summer BBQ parties with hot dogs, burgers, or basically anything that can come off a grill!
These sandwiches are also a great accompaniment to this light salad:
- Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich (One Pot)
- Turkey Salad Sandwich (One Pot)
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich(One Pot)
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich
- Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich (One Pan)
- Instant Pot Meatball Sub Sandwich
Chicken is another perfect pairing. Try the following main courses:
- Cajun Chicken (One Pot)
- Bacon Ranch Chicken (One Pot)
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken (One Pot)
- Lemon Pepper Chicken (One Pot)
Beef pairs very well too:
Can You Eat Radish Raw? Should Radishes Be Cooked?
Yes, they are totally fine to eat raw, and do not need to be cooked first. This recipe uses raw radishes.
Light Salad Dressing
Combine the following ingredients and store in a sealed jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon juice Adjust according to your preference
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
Add watermelon– For a sweet and juicy flavor addition.
Add carrots– For extra crunch and a mild sweet addition plus it adds a gorgeous color.
Tops with nuts– Try toasted and chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashews, peanuts, or even pine nuts.
Try other fresh herbs– Such as basil, chives, oregano, or cilantro. Add more or less depending on your preference.
Shredded radish salad– Shred them instead of slicing them. This version would work great as coleslaw too.
Use apple cider vinegar– In place of lemon juice for a different flavor profile.
Add red onions– Instead of green onions for a stronger onion taste.
Make it creamy– Mix in a little mayonnaise, sour cream, or even Greek yogurt.
Make is spicy– Add jalapenos or red chili flakes!
Add feta– The salty cheese is a perfect compliment.
Use pickled radishes– For a tart vinegar flavor addition.
Add tomatoes– For an even more veggie packed dish.
Add lime juice– In addition or on place of lemon juice for added zestiness.
Add chickpeas– Add a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas for a heartier but still vegetarian salad.
Tips And Techniques
Fresh dill vs. Dried dill- Fresh is stronger in flavor and makes for a much better presentation as well. However, dried can be used as a last resort.
White radish vs. Red radish– White radish has a slightly milder flavor than red ones. I prefer red for this recipe because of the beautiful color that is adds.
Resting this salad is important– This is when the development of flavor occurs. It is important to rest the salad at room temperature to allow all the wonderful flavors to marinate.
Pat the cucumbers and radishes dry– Because they have a lot of water. Patting them dry with paper towels prevents the salad from becoming too watery.
Don’t rinse sliced cucumbers- Cucumbers already contain so much water that you don’t want to add any additional water from rinsing. This will dilute the flavors.
Use high quality olive oil– Since this dish is made with such few ingredients, quality matters. Choose a high quality oil. They are pricey but totally worth it.
Don’t add salt in the beginning- Some people like to do this because adding it in the beginning will cause the vegetables to release a lot of water. Add it at the end, prior to serving.
Refrigerate– It is best served immediately, but can be stored in a sealed container for up to 2 days if needed. However, it will be slightly watery and the veggies won’t be as crunchy any more.
Freeze– This salad can not be frozen due to the high water content of the vegetables. It will be a disgusting mess upon thawing.
More One Pot Salad Recipes
- Basil Pesto Pasta Salad (One Bowl)
- Three Bean Salad (One Bowl)
- Ham Pasta Salad (One Bowl)
- Thai Chicken Salad (One Bowl)
- Broccoli Salad Recipe (One Bowl)
One Pot Radish Salad
- 2 cups Radishes, Washed, Patted dry, Thinly sliced
- 2 cups Persian cucumbers, Washed, Patted dry, Peeled or unpeeled, Thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Green onions, Roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Dill, Fresh, Adjust according to your preference
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp Lemon juice, Adjust according to your preference
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- In a large salad bow, add radishes, cucumbers, green onions, dill, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Toss everything until combined.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate.
- Then, serve immediately and enjoy.