Best Summer Salad (One Bowl)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The best, quick and easy Summer salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 20 minutes. Full of spinach, lettuce, cucumbers raspberries, strawberries, pecans and orange vinaigrette.
This is the best, fresh, most flavorful, and beautiful salad out there. I could eat it every day and never get tired of it. It is perfect for picnics, lunches, and any kind of party. After this salad, I also love this Watermelon Salad With Feta & Mint (One Bowl) and this Creamy Grape Salad (One Bowl), and obviously this Strawberry Spinach Salad With Poppy Seed Dressing (One Bowl). Every single one of them is a major hit with guests whenever I bring them to parties.
How To Make Best Summer Salad Recipe From Scratch?
- Make vinaigrette– By whisking together olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, lemon zest, orange zest, salt, pepper, poppy seeds.
- Add veggies, fruits, nuts– This includes spring greens, cucumbers, raspberries, strawberries, apples, pecans.
- Toss– Until combined.
What To Serve With Easy Summer Salad?
This salad is the perfect accompaniment to anything grilled! Grilled Chicken Breast (One Pan), grilled pork chops, steak, fish, burgers, brats, hot dogs, or sausages are all delicious choices.
It also goes well with meats such as Instant Pot Shredded Beef , BBQ Shredded Beef (One Pot), or Mexican Shredded Chicken (One Pot).
Keep it vegetarian by serving it with Vegetarian Quesadillas (One Pan), Instant Pot Vegetable Pasta or Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (One Pan).
Sandwiches are a great pairing as well. Serve this salad with Instant Pot French Dip Sandwich or Instant Pot Sloppy Joes or Ham and Cheese Sliders (One Pan).
Whisk together the following ingredients and use immediately, or store in a sealed glass jar in fridge for up to 1 week.
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Orange juice Preferably freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp Honey Or maple syrup
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1-2 tsp Poppy seeds
Summer pasta salad– Add your favorite cooked pasta, preferably a smaller pasta such as ditalini, shells, or rotini.
Add grains– Such as couscous, orzo, or quinoa for a heartier salad.
Add cooked meat– Such as rotisserie chicken (Instant Pot Whole Chicken- Rotisserie Chicken) or even steak for a full meal. Leftovers from previous meals work great!
Try other summer fruits– Like blueberries, blackberries, or even mandarin oranges.
Consider adding other nuts– Such as almonds, pine nuts, pistachios, or cashews.
Use other citrus zest and juices in vinaigrette– From grapefruit or limes.
Add cheese– Such as gorgonzola, goat, or feta cheese.
Tips And Techniques
Poppy seeds are optional– They add a little crunch and offer great visual appeal but can be omitted, if you are not fond of them.
Serve a crowd– Double or even triple the ingredients for a large gathering.
Honey substitute– You can use maple syrup, agave syrup, molasses. Please note that the sweetener choice will alter the overall flavor of the vinaigrette.
What kind of salad to use? I used Spring greens but you can use any variety you prefer such as romaine, kale, spinach, etc.
For a beautiful salad presentation– Prepare the salad dressing/vinaigrette and keep it aside. Spread the Spring mix in a large salad bowl. Top it off with rows of individual strawberries, raspberries, apples, cucumbers, and nuts. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top, just before serving.
Serve immediately– Once the dressing has been mixed into the salad, it must be served immediately for best flavor and texture.
Use high quality olive oil– Because this provides the best flavor in the dressing. You won’t regret it!
Adjust sweetness– Add more or less honey based on your personal preference.
Use freshly squeezed lemon and orange juices– Because they taste and smell the best.
Pat fruits and veggies dry- After washing them, make sure to use lots of paper towels to get rid of excess water to prevent the salad from becoming too “watery.”
Make ahead instructions- The salad and dressing can be prepared separately and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Combine just prior to serving.
Refrigerate– I do not recommend refrigerating leftovers once the salad and dressing have been mixed. The salad becomes very soggy, wilted, and undesirable. You can refrigerate the salad and vinaigrette separately though.
Freeze– Salad cannot be frozen because of the water content and wilting of the leaves upon thawing. The salad dressing, however, would keep in the freezer in a sealed container for up to 1 month. Simply, thaw at room temperature and whisk together to serve.
More One Pot Salad Recipes
- Easy Pear Salad (One Bowl)
- Ham Pasta Salad (One Bowl)
- Easy Kale Salad (One Bowl)
- Creamy Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad (One Bowl)
- Creamy Cranberry Salad (Cranberry Fluff)
One Pot Summer Salad
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Orange juice, Preferably freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, Preferably freshly squeezed
- 3-4 tbsp Honey , Or maple syrup, Adjust according to your preference
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Orange zest
- Salt , To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1-2 tsp Poppy seeds, Optional
- 6 cups Spring greens , Combination of spinach, lettuce, arugula
- 1 cup Cucumbers, Peeled, Sliced
- 1 cup Raspberries, Fresh, Washed, Patted dry
- 1 cup Strawberries, Fresh, Washed, Hulled, Patted dry
- 1/2 cups Apples, Diced
- 1/3 cup Pecans, Toasted, Roughly chopped
- In a large salad bowl, make the vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, orange juice, lemon juice, honey, lemon zest, orange zest, salt, pepper, poppy seeds until smooth.
- Add spring greens, cucumbers, raspberries, strawberries, apples, pecans and toss until combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately. Leftovers cannot be stored for later because the salad will become soggy. However, you can store the salad and vinaigrette separately for 2 days in the fridge and mix right before serving.