Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy buffalo cauliflower wings recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan and oven baked in 30 minutes. Healthy, crispy, vegetarian and spicy.
Craving wings without the calories? Then, you have to try these! They pack all the same flavor and heat, but you get a serving of healthy veggies too! It’s a win-win situation. A few more delicious ways to enjoy the ever popular cauliflower are Oven Roasted Cauliflower (One Pan), Whole Roasted Cauliflower (One Pan), and Cauliflower Fried Rice (One Pot).
How to make buffalo cauliflower wings from scratch?
- Mix ingredients Mix together egg, garlic powder, pepper, cauliflower in a Ziploc bag.
- Add almond flour– Shake bag until coated.
- Spread on a baking tray– Make sure they are spaced out so they bake evenly.
- Bake– For 25-30 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven– Cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour buffalo sauce– Mix until coated.
- Broil- Until crispy.
- Enjoy- Garnish with some chopped parsley and serve immediately.
What to serve with baked cauliflower buffalo wings recipe?
These are the perfect appetizer to serve at any game day party.
You can also enjoy them as a side dish soup like this Easy Lentil Soup (One Pot) to round out the meal.
Variations for crispy cauliflower hot wings
BBQ wings– Coat them in your favorite BBQ sauce instead of buffalo sauce.
Fried wings– Fry them in oil on the stovetop or in a deep fryer and then coat them in the sauce.
Asian wings– Use teriyaki sauce or another favorite stir-fry marinade of your choice in place of buffalo sauce. Then, garnish with sesame seeds or scallions.
Add other spices- Such as lemon pepper, taco seasoning, Italian seasoning to the almond flour for another flavor twist. Use this in place of buffalo sauce.
Garnish options– Top it with freshly chopped chives, dill, parsley or green onions.
Add a dip– The classic choice is blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing.
Refrigerate– These are best served immediately. They can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 2 days but see note below about reheating.
Freeze– These can not be frozen. They will loose their crispy texture and be soft and “mushy” when thawed.
How to reheat cauliflower wings? Reheating needs to be in an oven or air fryer to make them crispy again. Just note they will not have the exact same perfect and crispy texture as the first day they were made.
Tips and Techniques
Fresh cauliflower vs. Frozen cauliflower– Fresh is the best option because it will give you the crispy texture you desire. Frozen cauliflower will be too soggy and won’t produce the desired crispiness.
Homemade buffalo sauce vs. Store-bought sauce– Either can be used. Just make sure to use the best quality or a brand whose flavor you like best.
Why are my wings soggy? Either the wings were placed too close to each other on the pan and were not spaced out for even baking. Another reason could be that they simply need to be baked longer.
Space out the cauliflower pieces- This helps to bake evenly and creates a crispy coating.
Keep an eye on the broiler- They can burn quickly under the broiler. So make sure to watch them closely during this step.
Check for even coating- This will help the sauce to stick to each piece and help produce the desired flavor.
Adjust the amount of sauce– Add more or less according to your preference.
What to use instead of almond flour? You can use 3/4 cup all-purpose flour instead.
Make a bigger batch– Just double all the ingredients. Please note that you will probably have to use 2 large baking trays.
More One Pot Appetizers
One Pan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- In a large Ziploc bag, add egg, garlic powder and pepper. Seal and shake it around until combined.
- Add cauliflower florets. Seal and shake bag again until florets are coated.
- Add almond flour. Seal and shake bag again until florets are coated.
- Spread cauliflower pieces on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper. Make sure they are spaced out so they bake evenly. Discard the Ziploc bag.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove tray from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Then, pour buffalo sauce on top and use your hands or a spoon to coat fully.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until tops are crispy. Keep a close eye so they don't burn.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the oven or air fryer. They will still not be as crispy as the first day though.