Turkey Salad (One Pot)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy turkey salad recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot in 10 minutes. Loaded with creamy dressing made up of mayonnaise and sour cream along with leftover turkey, onions and celery.
The perfect way to use all that extra holiday turkey is through today’s recipe. This salad is creamy, delicious, and a quick meal. It’s just as delicious as this Cranberry Chicken Salad (One Pot), which also makes a quick sandwich for those relaxing days, following the holidays.
How To Make Turkey Salad From Scratch?
- Make creamy dressing– Mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, sugar, mustard, celery, onions, green onions, dill, parsley.
- Add shredded turkey– And mix until combined.
- Enjoy! Fill it in a sandwich or croissant and dig in!
What To Serve With Leftover Turkey Salad Sandwich Recipe?
Like any sandwich, potatoes in the form of chips, fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Baked Sweet Potato Wedges, Oven Roasted Potatoes (One Pan), or Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes (One Pan) would taste delicious with this sandwich.
Serve it alongside simple soups such as Easy Lentil Soup (One Pot) or Carrot Ginger Soup (One Pot), or Curried Butternut Squash Soup (One Pot) and even this Split Pea Soup (One Pot).
This salad makes a great filling for croissants, sandwiches, tortilla wraps and even tacos.
Refrigerate– Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze leftover turkey salad? I do not recommend it because the mayonnaise will separate and create an undesirable texture.
Ground turkey salad– Use ground turkey in place of shredded turkey.
Turkey taco salad– Add chili powder or Mexican seasoning to make a taco salad.
Add smoky flavor– Simply use shredded smoked turkey or you can just add some liquid smoke.
Add pasta– Add your favorite small pasta such as rotini, macaroni, elbow, or whatever you prefer. It make it very filling and hearty.
Add grapes– The sweet crunch adds a great flavor and texture to the salad.
Add cranberries– Dried cranberries are best. They add a tart and sweet flavor.
Add apples– Make sure they are diced small enough to get a taste of all the ingredients in one bite.
Add nuts– Such as pecans, walnuts, cashews, or peanuts.
Add ranch dressing– For additional flavor.
Add eggs– Mix in roughly chopped hard boiled eggs.
Add cream cheese– This makes an even creamier salad.
Add shredded cheese– Such as mozzarella or parmesan.
Add toppings– Such as slices of tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, slices of white cheddar cheese, mozzarella, pickles, olives, or even blue cheese crumbles.
Try other seasonings– Such as Cajun, Greek, or Italian seasonings.
Make it healthy– Use low fat mayo and sour cream or you can even replace some of that with Greek yogurt.
Add bacon– Add crumbles or even add slices atop the salad.
Make it spicy– Add red chili flakes or a dash of cayenne.
Tips And Techniques
Use full- fat mayo and sour cream– Because this provides the best and richest flavor.
Adjust the quantity of ingredients– Use more or less of whatever ingredient you like or dislike.
Make a bigger batch- Double all the ingredients and serve a crowd!
Can you use meat from the turkey legs, thighs and wings? Yes, use whatever type of meat you prefer. However, it must be cooked through.
Sugar substitute– Replace granulated sugar with brown sugar or honey or maple syrup.
Adjust quantity of ingredients– This is a very versatile recipe. Use more or less of whatever ingredient you like or dislike.
Turkey must be cool- It cannot be hot or warm because the warmth will cause the veggies in this recipe to wilt and lose their crisp/crunch texture.
More One Pot Turkey Recipes
- Shredded Turkey Tacos (With Thanksgiving Leftovers)
- Turkey Noodle Soup (One Pot)
- Roast Turkey Breast (One Pan)
- Harvest Fall Salad (One Bowl) – Uses leftover Thanksgiving turkey
One Pot Turkey Salad
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise, Full fat
- 1/4 cup Sour cream, Full fat
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 2 tsp Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup Celery , Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Onions, Finely chopped, Can use red onions, yellow onions or white onions
- 2 tbsp Green onions, Thinly sliced
- 1-2 tsp Dill, Fresh,Finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp Parsley, Fresh, Finely chopped
- 4 cups Leftover turkey, Shredded
- In a large mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, sugar, mustard, celery, onions, green onions, dill, parsley and mix until combined.
- Add shredded turkey and mix until fully coated.
- Fill it in sandwich or croissant and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Really good, I was able to use up every bit of our Thanksgiving turkey.