Ham and Cheese Sliders (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy ham and cheese sliders recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Hawaiian rolls are filled with sliced ham, pickles, Swiss cheese and onion garlic poppy seed butter.
These are the perfect way to feed a big family or crowd with minimal effort. You are basically just prepping 1 sandwich while being able to feed up to 12 people! They are so savory and flavorful, that you will want to make them regularly. You can even use leftovers from this Slow Cooker Ham. If you like ham, you should also try this Ham Pasta Salad (One Bowl).
How To Make Hawaiian Ham Cheese Sliders Recipe From Scratch?
- Grease dish– With oil, and place the bottom half of the rolls in the dish.
- Add toppings– This includes slices of ham, pickles, cheese slices.
- Cover- With other half of the Hawaiian rolls.
- Make garlic butter– By mixing together butter, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, poppy seeds.
- Coat rolls– You just need to brush the tops with garlic butter.
- Bake– Covered with foil.
- Bake uncovered- Until tops are golden brown.
What To Serve With Easy Pull Apart Ham Sliders Recipe From Scratch?
Salads are a classic choice to serve with sandwiches:
- Easy Kale Salad (One Bowl)
- Pumpkin Salad (One Bowl)
- Italian Chopped Salad (One Bowl)
- Cucumber Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
Soup adds to the warm comforting feel of these sandwiches. Try the addition of one of these for a full and complete meal:
- Cream of Broccoli Soup (One Pot)
- Split Pea Soup (One Pot)
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup (One Pot)
- Easy Vegetable Soup (One Pot)
Variations For Ham And Swiss Sliders
Ham and cheese sandwiches– Use bread slices instead of Hawaiian buns.
Use other cheeses– Such as cheddar, provolone, smoked gouda, mozzarella, or even goat cheese.
Season the butter differently– Use Italian or Greek seasoning, or even Everything but Bagel Seasoning.
Add other meats– Such as smoked salmon, turkey, salami or other cured meats.
Add bacon– This adds another layer of flavor and a crispy texture to the sandwiches.
Add vegetables– Such as roasted vegetables like zucchini, red peppers, or spinach.
Add caramelized onions– For a sweet and savory add-on.
Make it spicy– Add jalapeno slices, or even red chili flakes to the butter.
Replace pickles– Use thin slices of apples in place of the pickles for a sweeter version of this sandwich.
Tips And Techniques For Hawaiian Roll Sliders/Hawaiian Bread Sliders
How do you keep sliders from getting soggy? This can occur from too much moisture on the bread. Use slightly less butter spread. It can also happen when the pan is not hot enough.
What cheese goes with ham best? Swiss is my favorite and what I recommend, but you can use provolone, smoked gouda, or even goat cheese.
What condiment goes with ham? There are so many choices from mayonnaise to dijon mustard, to raspberry jelly or even Cranberry Chutney (One Pot)!
Use full fat cheese– Because this provides the best flavor, richness and “gooeyness.”
Use unsalted high- quality butter– Because this prevents the sandwich from being too salty. The ham will have enough salt in it already. Also, the better the quality of the butter, the better the sandwich will taste.
Grease the pan– This prevents the rolls from sticking to the pan and ripping when removed.
Cover the sandwiches with foil– Bake for 15 minutes with them covered so that the cheese will melt fully. Then, remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. This allows the tops to brown lightly.
Make ahead instructions- Assemble the sandwiches up to the night before and refrigerate covered in the pan till you are ready to bake and serve them the next day.
Refrigerate- In a sealed container for up to 2 days.
Reheat- From thawed, in the microwave or oven.
Freeze- These can be wrapped tightly in plastic and then placed in a freezer-safe bag for up to 2 months.
More One Pan Sandwiches Recipes
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Easy Tomato Sandwich (One Pan)
- Cucumber Sandwich (One Pan)
- Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich (One Pan)
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich (One Pan)
- Loose Meat Sandwich (Tavern Sandwich)
One Pan Ham and Cheese Sliders
Quick and easy ham and cheese sliders recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Hawaiian rolls are filled with sliced ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and onion garlic poppy seed butter.
- 12 Hawaiian rolls Use sheet of rolls that are pulled apart instead of individual rolls, Slice half lengthwise but do not separate the rolls
- 1 pound Deli ham Thinly sliced, Already cooked
- 6-8 Swiss cheese slices
- 1/3 cup Pickles Sliced
- 1/3 cup Butter Melted, Unsalted
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Poppy seeds
Grease a casserole dish (Dimensions: 9×13) with oil.
Place the bottom half of the rolls in the dish.
Place slices of ham on top, followed by pickles and then, cheese slices.
Place the other half of the Hawaiian rolls on top of the cheese.
In a Ziploc bag, add melted butter, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, poppy seeds and mix until combined.
Pour this melted garlic butter on top the sandwiches. Use a pastry brush to ensure even coating. Discard the Ziploc bag.
Cover with foil paper and bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Then, uncover and bake for 5 minutes until tops are light golden brown.
Slice into individual sandwiches and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.