Ham and Cheese Sliders (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy ham and cheese sliders recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Hawaiian rolls are filled with sliced ham, pickles, Swiss cheese and onion garlic poppy seed butter.
These are the perfect way to feed a big family or crowd with minimal effort. You are basically just prepping 1 sandwich while being able to feed up to 12 people! They are so savory and flavorful, that you will want to make them regularly. You can even use leftovers from this Slow Cooker Ham in these sandwiches or in this Ham Pasta Salad (One Bowl).
How To Make Hawaiian Ham Cheese Sliders Recipe From Scratch?
- Grease dish– With oil, and place the bottom half of the rolls in the dish.
- Layer rolls– Place slices of ham on top, followed by pickles and then, cheese slices. Place the other half of the Hawaiian rolls on top of the cheese.
- Mix garlic butter– In a Ziploc bag, add melted butter, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, poppy seeds and mix until combined.
- Coat Rolls– Pour this melted garlic butter on top the sandwiches.
- Bake– Cover with foil paper and bake.
- Uncover and bake– For 5 minutes.
- Enjoy!– Slice into individual sandwiches
What To Serve With Easy Pull Apart Ham Sliders Recipe From Scratch?
Salads are a classic choice to serve with sandwiches. Try any of these delicious choices:
- Easy Kale Salad (One Bowl)
- Pumpkin Salad (One Bowl)
- Italian Chopped Salad (One Bowl)
- Cucumber Tomato Salad (One Bowl)
Soup adds to the warm comforting feel of these sandwiches. Try the addition of one of these for a full and complete meal:
- Cream of Broccoli Soup (One Pot)
- Split Pea Soup (One Pot)
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup (One Pot)
- Easy Vegetable Soup (One Pot)
Variations For Ham And Swiss Sliders
Ham and cheese sandwiches– Use bread slices instead of Hawaiian buns.
Use other cheese– Such as cheddar, provolone, smoked gouda, mozzarella, or even goat cheese.
Season the butter differently– Use Italian or Greek seasoning, or even Everything but the Bagel Seasoning.
Add other meat– Such as Turkey or salami or other cured meats.
Add bacon– This adds another layer of flavor and a crispy texture to the sandwiches.
Add vegetables– Such as roasted vegetables like zucchini, red peppers, or spinach.
Add caramelized onions– For a sweet and savory flavor add-on.
Make it spicy– Add jalapeno slices, or even red chili flakes to the butter.
Replace pickles– Use thin slices of apples in place of the pickles for a sweeter version of this sandwich.
Tips And Techniques For Hawaiian Roll Sliders/Hawaiian Bread Sliders
How do you keep sliders from getting soggy? This can occur from too much moisture on the bread. Use slightly less butter spread. It can also happen when the pan is not hot enough.
What cheese goes with ham best? Swiss is my favorite and what I recommend, but you can use provolone, smoked gouda, or even goat cheese.
What condiment goes with ham? There are so many choices from mayonnaise to dijon mustard, to raspberry jelly! You can go from savory to sweet with Ham and it works.
Use full fat cheese– Because this provides the best flavor, richness and gooeyness.
Use unsalted high- quality butter– To prevent the sandwich from being too salty. The ham will have enough salt in it already. Also, the better the quality of the butter, the better the sandwich will taste.
Grease the pan– This prevents the rolls from sticking to the pan and ripping when removed.
Cover the sandwiches with foil– Bake for 15 minutes with them covered so that the cheese will melt fully. Then, remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. This allows the tops to brown lightly.
Make ahead instructions- Assemble the sandwiches up to the night before and refrigerate covered in the pan till you are ready to bake and serve them the next day.
Refrigerate- In a sealed container for up to 2 days.
Freeze- These can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and then placed in a freezer safe bag for up to 2 months.
Reheat- From thawed, in the microwave or oven.
More One Pan Sandwiches Recipes
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Easy Tomato Sandwich (One Pan)
- Cucumber Sandwich (One Pan)
- Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich (One Pan)
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich (One Pan)
- Loose Meat Sandwich (Tavern Sandwich)
One Pan Ham and Cheese Sliders
Quick and easy ham and cheese sliders recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Hawaiian rolls are filled with sliced ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and onion garlic poppy seed butter.
- 12 Hawaiian rolls Use sheet of rolls that are pulled apart instead of individual rolls, Slice half lengthwise but do not separate the rolls
- 1 pound Deli ham Thinly sliced, Already cooked
- 6-8 Swiss cheese slices
- 1/3 cup Pickles Sliced
- 1/3 cup Butter Melted, Unsalted
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsp Poppy seeds
Grease a casserole dish (Dimensions: 9×13) with oil.
Place the bottom half of the rolls in the dish.
Place slices of ham on top, followed by pickles and then, cheese slices.
Place the other half of the Hawaiian rolls on top of the cheese.
In a Ziploc bag, add melted butter, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, poppy seeds and mix until combined.
Pour this melted garlic butter on top the sandwiches. Use a pastry brush to ensure even coating. Discard the Ziploc bag.
Cover with foil paper and bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Then, uncover and bake for 5 minutes until tops are light golden brown.
Slice into individual sandwiches and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in the microwave.