Crescent Roll Veggie Pizza (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Classic, quick and easy crescent roll veggie pizza recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Loaded with ranch cream cheese and colorful fresh vegetables. Great as an appetizer, side dish or even main dish!
This is a favorite dish of mine to bring to parties. Everyone loves the twist that it is served cold instead of hot like a traditional pizza. The creamy spread and fresh crisp veggies compliment the buttery flavor of the crescent dough perfectly.
How to make cold veggie pizza?
- Prepare pizza crust- Unroll crescent dough. Press it smoothly onto a lightly greased sheet pan evenly.
- Bake- At 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool– Until it reaches room temperature.
- Prepare cheese mixture- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, ranch powder until smooth.
- Spread- Spread the mixture on top of the baked crust.
- Add toppings– Use whatever veggies and cheese blend you like.
- Enjoy! Chill, cut slices and dig in!
What vegetables can you put on pizza (classic veggie pizza toppings)?
Think of all the toppings you can put on a regular pizza and those can all be added here too.
If you are adding any meat, it should be cooked beforehand though. Here are some topping options:
Olives– Black or green are both good options.
Cucumbers– Dice them small and remove seeds.
Carrots– Finely shredded.
Fresh herbs– Such as basil, chives, green onions, cilantro.
Cauliflower– Cut them small.
Broccoli– Dice them into small pieces.
Tomatoes– Cherry tomatoes are best.
Cheese– Make sure it’s finely shredded or crumbled. Try mozzarella, cheddar, feta, parmesan e.t.c.
Meat– Make sure it’s fully cooked. Try shredded chicken, pepperoni, steak bites, sausage, bacon, ham.
Peppers– Use combination of multiple colors.
Onions- Red onions taste the best but regular onions can be used too. Make sure they are diced small.
Pineapples– Either, canned or fresh can be used but they should be cut up into small pieces.
What sides to serve with vegetable pizza?
This recipe can be served as an appetizer, if you cut small slices OR you can serve it as a main course.
Other popular sides are chicken wings, breadsticks, garlic bread, potato fries, potato wedges.
Fresh fruit like orange slices, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, peaches, or pears on the side can complete this meal.
How long is homemade veggie pizza good for in the fridge?
It can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can reheat in the microwave.
Christmas veggie pizza– Shape the dough into a tree or wreath shape for a festive holiday touch.
Summer vegetable pizza– Add sliced radishes, chopped fresh spinach, and fresh dill from your garden or the grocery store. Basically, use fresh Summer veggies that are in season.
Ranch and cream cheese veggie pizza appetizer– Cut into small pieces and serve as an appetizer, plated on a tray.
Try a different veggie pizza crust– Try a cauliflower crust, pita bread crust, naan crust or a regular homemade pizza crust.
Add fresh herbs- Such as cilantro, parsley, or fresh basil.
Mexican vegetable pizza- Add taco seasoning to the cream cheese mixture. Then add avocado, cilantro, and roasted corn to the toppings. Sprinkle with shredded/crumbled Mexican cheese blend.
Greek vegetable pizza- Use Greek seasoning in the cream cheese mixture, and add thinly sliced red onion, olives, and diced tomatoes to the toppings. Sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles.
Make it spicy– Add crushed red chili flakes or finely chopped jalapenos to the cream cheese mixture to add a little kick.
Add bacon– Toss crumbled cooked bacon to the toppings.
Tips and Techniques
Adjust the amounts– This is a very versatile recipe. Add more or less of whichever ingredients you do or don’t prefer.
Make sure to cool the crust- This is very important because the cream cheese mixture will melt and your vegetables will not stick to the pizza. It will also look very messy.
Finely chop the veggies– Chop them into small pieces so that you can get a nice combination of flavors in each bite.
Make it healthier– Use Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream to increase the protein content and decrease the fat content.
Grease the pan- This ensures that the pizza crust will come off easily without sticking to the pan.
Make for a crowd– Use 2 sheet pans and double the ingredients.
Food processor– This is not necessary, but if you have one, a food processor will chop the broccoli finely and much more quickly than chopping by hand.
Soften cream cheese- Take the cream cheese out of the fridge at least 30 minutes prior to making this dish. If you don’t soften the cream cheese, you won’t be able to mix the ranch and sour cream into it smoothly. It will be chunky and unincorporated.
Can I make pizza ahead of time? Yes! Make the crust a day in advance. Cover it and leave it at room temperature. Mix the cream cheese mixture and store it in a sealed container in the fridge. Chop the vegetables and store in a sealed container in the fridge too. Assemble when you are ready to serve.
More One Pot Vegetarian Meals
One Pan Cold Veggie Pizza
- 2 cans Crescent rolls, 8 oz. cans each
- 1.5 cups Cream cheese, Full fat, Softened
- 1/2 cup Sour cream, Full fat
- 1 packet Ranch mix powder, 1 oz. packet
- 1.5 cups Peppers, Combination of red, yellow, green, orange, Finely chopped
- 1 cup Broccoli florets, Raw or lightly steamed, Cut small
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- Unroll the crescent dough and press it smoothly onto a lightly greased sheet pan (Dimensions: 9×13) evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, ranch powder and mix until smooth.
- Spread this creamy ranch cheese mixture on top of the baked crescent dough crust.
- Top it off with peppers and broccoli.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Cut slices and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Happy cooking everyone!