Cranberry Brie Bites (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy cranberry brie bites recipe with puff pastry, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 20 minutes. Great baked brie appetizer for Thanksgiving and Christmas parties!
These delicious bites are perfect for parties all year but they are especially popular at Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the warm cranberry flavor. Since cranberry is such a festive fruit, make sure to try my other cranberry recipes during the holiday season too: Cranberry Salsa With Cream Cheese (One Pot) or Creamy Cranberry Salad (Cranberry Fluff) or Cranberry Chicken Salad (One Pot) or even this Cranberry Relish (One Pot)
How to make cranberry brie bites?
- Cut each puff pastry sheet- For a total of 24 square pieces.
- Arrange them in cupcake pan or muffin pan– And gently press in the center.
- Fill it– With cheese, followed by cranberry sauce.
- Bake- Until golden brown.
- Enjoy- Garnish with fresh parsley. Remove from pan and dig in!
What to serve with puff pastry cranberry brie bites recipe?
Try other cheeses– Such as cream cheese, Camembert, goat, mozzarella, or ricotta.
Baked brie– Wrap the entire block of brie cheese in puff pastry. Before wrapping it, top it off with some cranberry sauce and nuts (optional). Bake in a tray until golden brown and serve immediately. This would be great on a charcuterie board.
Garnish options– Try other herbs such as fresh basil, rosemary, thyme, dill, cilantro or mint. You can also add nuts such as roughly chopped pistachios, walnuts, pecans, almonds or cashews.
Try other fruit fillings- Such as jams and preserves like blackberry, blueberry, strawberry, cherry, peach, fig, or apricot which balances the strong cheesy flavor. You can also serve this dish all year round with whatever fruit is in season.
Drizzle it– Prior to serving, drizzle with spiced honey, maple syrup, or even a balsamic reduction.
Make it savory– Skip the sweet cranberry sauce and instead, top it off with sauteed mushrooms, spinach, or caramelized onions.
Add bacon- Sprinkle candied bacon for a sweet and salty combo.
Refrigerate– Tastes best when served immediately. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the oven. They still won’t be as crispy as the first day they were prepared.
Freeze– It’s not recommended because the puff pastry becomes soggy when thawed.
Can you reheat brie bites? Yes, the best option is in the oven. This allows the puffs to retain a crispy texture. The microwave tends to make them soggy.
Make ahead instructions– Prepare the trays with the puff pastry, cheese and cranberry sauce. Then, cover them with saran wrap and store them in the fridge for 1-2 days until you are ready to enjoy them. Then, all you have do is bake without any of the mess.
Tips and Techniques
Homemade cranberry sauce vs. Store-bought cranberry sauce– Either can be used. If you have extra from a holiday meal, this is a great way to use it up. If not, store-bought works just as well.
Homemade puff pastry vs. Store-bought puff pastry– Either can be used. Store bought is convenient and a big time saver.
Let them cool before removing from pan- Because if you remove them hot or warm, they will break apart.
How to store leftover brie cheese? You can wrap it back in the original covering and then tightly wrap that in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. The goal is to keep it air-tight to preserve freshness and a creamy texture.
What to use instead of puff pastry? Some people like to use crescent roll dough, but it is not as flaky. Phyllo dough is also an alternative option.
Do you take the rind off brie before baking? No, you do not have to. You can leave the rind on but it is a personal preference.
Grease the pan– This prevents the puffs from sticking and breaking in the pan.
Thaw the puff pastry– Do not cut the frozen dough or else, it will crack. Make sure to thaw it first.
More One Pot Appetizers
- Caprese Skewers (One Pan)
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (One Pan)
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies (One Pan)
- Easy Pigs In A Blanket (One Pan)
One Pan Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 package Puff pastry , 17.3 oz. package which has 2 sheets, Thawed
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese
- 1.5 cups Cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut each puff pastry sheet in to 12 equal squares for a total of 24 square pieces.
- Press each square into a greased cupcake pan or muffin pan.
- Place about a a 1 inch slice of brie in the center of each pastry.
- Top it off with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool.
- Then, garnish with parsley and remove from pan. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheated in the oven.