Oven Roasted Pumpkin (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy oven roasted pumpkin recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Loaded with garlic, Italian herbs, cinnamon. These wedges have the perfect texture that’s soft on the inside but firm and crisp on the outside.
Add this side to you Thanksgiving menu for its lovely taste and beauty! The caramelization of the pumpkin brings out the natural sweetness making it beyond delicious. If you love pumpkin as much as I do, then make sure to try this Easy Stuffed Pumpkin (One Pan) and Pumpkin Salad (One Bowl).
How To Make Oven Roasted Pumpkin?
- Spread pumpkin slices on baking tray- Make sure they are spaced.
- Add oil and seasoning- Toss until combined.
- Bake- Until wedges are tender and cooked through.
- Enjoy- Garnish with fresh herbs and dig in!
What To Serve With Oven Roasted Pumpkin?
Leftovers are also a great addition to salads, soups, pasta, or risotto. The possibilities are endless!
Refrigerate– In a sealed container for up to 2 days.
Freeze– If you puree it, it freezes very well! I don’t recommend freezing these wedges because they won’t be crisp upon thawing.
Reheat– In the microwave or in the oven, but it won’t have the same texture as when roasted the first time.
Variations For Baked Pumpkin
Maple/Honey roasted pumpkin– Drizzle the wedges with either for a sweet flavor.
Whole roasted pumpkin- This will take longer so adjust your time accordingly.
Roasted pumpkin puree– Roast the pumpkin according to the recipe and then puree it in a blender. It is great in soups, oatmeal, bread, or pie.
Use different spices and seasoning– Such as nutmeg, all spice, cardamom, ginger, or even use a pumpkin pie spice blend.
Make it spicy– Add crushed red chili flakes or a dash of cayenne pepper.
Add cheese– Sprinkle the wedges with fresh shredded Parmesan, mozzarella, or even with goat cheese at the very end.
Garnish options– Try dried cranberries, bacon crumbles, or toasted nuts such as pine nuts, pecans, or walnuts, pistachios, almonds.
Tips And Techniques
What is the best pumpkin for roasting? I recommend using a small Hokkaido pumpkin that is washed and cut into 1.5 inch wedges with the seeds removed. No need to peel it. They taste the best! Butternut pumpkins are also a good choice.
Can you roast a carving pumpkin? No, because they do not have a good flavor or texture.
Pumpkin slices/wedges vs. pumpkin cubes- Either shape works just fine.
How do I know when pumpkin is done baking/roasting? Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until they are soft but firm. Keep a close eye on it after 20 minutes. In my experience, ripe pumpkins tend to bake faster.
Oil the pumpkins completely– This allows them to caramelize and prevents them from sticking to the baking tray.
Best served immediately– They will never be as crispy and firm as they are when they are first made.
Adjust seasoning– Add more or less of whatever you prefer.
Space out the pumpkin slices on your tray- Because this allows them to bake evenly.
More One Pan Roasted Vegetables
- Oven Roasted Vegetables (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes (One Pan)
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Carrots (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Green Beans (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Broccoli (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Asparagus (One Pan)
One Pan Oven Roasted Pumpkin
- Pumpkin, 1.5-2 pounds, Small Hokkaido pumpkin, Washed, Cut into 1.5 inch wedges, Seeds removed, Peeling not necessary
- 3-4 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper, To taste
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1.5 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
- Spread the pumpkin wedges on a baking tray.
- Pour olive oil all over the pumpkins.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, cinnamon powder, paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning.
- Toss everything until combined.
- Spread out the wedges.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until they are soft but firm. Keep a close eye on it after 20 minutes. In my experience, ripe pumpkins tend to bake faster.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days. They can be reheated in the oven, stovetop or microwave but won’t be as firm and crispy as when they were first made.