Ground Beef Puff Pastry (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick, easy ground beef puff pastry recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Flaky pastry is filled with taco meat and cheese.
These are the perfect way to make tacos an easy grab and go appetizer for your next party or gathering. These flaky, fluffy puffs cradle the ground beef and cheese in the most delectable bite-size portion. I personally love anything that is wrapped in a puff pastry. If you feel the same make sure try this Chicken Puff Pastry (One Pan) and these Cheesy Spinach Puffs (One Pan).
How To Make Ground Beef Puff Pastry Recipe?
- Cut squares of puff pastry– Cut out 9 square pieces (Dimensions: 3×3) for each sheet.
- Add ground beef– A spoonful on each squares.
- Sprinkle cheese– On top.
- Seal puff pastry– Place another piece of puff pastry on top of the cheese and press the edges together.
- Bake– Until they are golden brown on top and firm along the edges. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Beef Puffs?
These puffs are delicious in a variety of dips such as the following:
- Easy Guacamole Recipe (One Bowl)
- Best Chimichurri Sauce (Blender)
- Easy Queso Dip (One Pot)
- Salsa Verde (Blender)
- Sriracha mayo
- Sweet chili sauce
- Enchilada dip
- Pico de gallo
Variations For Mini Meat Puffs
Add beans– Like these Easy Refried Beans (One Pot)
Use different cheeses– Such as sharp cheddar, queso fresco, chihuahua, or cotija cheese.
Use leftover taco meat– This is a great way to use up those leftovers like this Mexican Ground Beef Taco Meat (One Pot)
Make larger puffs– Be aware that the baking time will change.
Add herbs– Such as cilantro, chives, or Mexican spice basil.
Add vegetables– Such as caramelized onions, corn, or roasted diced green peppers.
Make rolls or other shapes- Such as triangles, half-circles, or whole circles.
Make it spicy– Add diced green chilies, or jalapenos to your ground beef.
Tips And Techniques For Meat Puff Pastry
Why is my puff pastry soggy? If you leave uncooked puff pastry out for too long before using it, the dough will become soggy because the butter will melt. Simply chill it in the fridge to solidify butter again. Another reason could be they were baked too close together and didn’t get a chance to evenly bake and air out. Furthermore, another reason is that the filling was heavily water-based and that excess liquid got absorbed into the pastry.
How do you use puff pastry? Use it as a flaky crust for desserts such as turnovers, for appetizers like this, or to hold savory or sweet fillings. The possibilities are almost endless.
Do you poke holes in puff pastry? No, do not do this because this releases all the steam and will cause the pastry to become flat. For this recipe, you want a puffy flaky crust.
How do I know when the beef puff pastry is done? They are typically done when they become golden brown on top and firm along the edges and they also rise and become “puffy.”
How many squares do I cut in total? There should be 18 (3x3inch) squares. This means 9 squares per sheet of pastry puff. There should be 2 sheets.
Make sure the edges are pressed together– Because this prevents the filling and cheese from oozing out from the sides during baking.
Do I thaw the puff pastry before cutting it? Yes, this is very important because if it’s not thawed, it would be rock solid and you can’t cut it. It will break if you try to put force on it.
Don’t over-fill- Because the filling can leak out during baking and make a mess.
Refrigerate– They taste best served immediately, but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days. They will not be as crispy.
Freeze– This is not recommended because the pastry will become soggy upon thawing.
Reheat– In the toaster oven or stove for just a short time, watching to make sure it doesn’t burn. You can also reheat them in the microwave but it will not be as crispy.
More One Pot Appetizers
- Mini Cheese Balls (One Bowl)
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (One Pan)
- Best Bruschetta Recipe (One Bowl)
- Caprese Skewers (One Pan)
- Stuffed Mini Peppers (One Pan)
- Sheet Pan Irish Nachos (One Pan)
- Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips (One Pan)
One Pan Beef Puff Pastry
- Unroll the two puff pastry sheets and cut out 9 square pieces (Dimensions: 3×3) for each sheet.
- Add a spoonful of cooked ground beef on top of 9 squares.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Place another square piece of puff pastry on top of the cheese and press the edges until the two pieces stick together.
- Optional step: Sprinkle some cheese on top of each puff.
- Place these puffs on a baking tray and bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown on top and firm along the edges. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days but they won’t be as crispy any more.