Oven Roasted Beets (One Pan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy oven roasted beets recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Loaded with herbs, garlic, olive oil. Crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
These are the best way to eat beets! They can taste earthy when raw, but roasting them brings out the sweetness and makes them delicious especially when combined with vibrant herbs and savory garlic. Another way to enjoy beets is in Beet Borscht Soup (One Pot), a traditional Russian soup that has become famous around the world.
This Is The Best Way To Cook Beets
- Quick– Fast prep.
- Easy– 5 simple steps.
- No mess– Just throw away the foil!
- Simple Ingredients– Beets, oil, and seasoning
- Perfect texture– Crisp, but tender
How To Make Oven Roasted Beets Recipe From Scratch?
- Spread beets– On a baking tray, lined with foil paper.
- Season Beets– Drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper. Toss until combined.
- Spread the beets– So that they are not overlapping and bake evenly.
- Bake beets– 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Garnish it– Remove tray from oven and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
How To Make Roasted Beets in Foil?
This method is very similar to roasted garlic. All you need to do is season and oil the beets according to this recipe. Then, wrap the beets in foil like you would wrap a package. Place it on a baking sheet, and roast at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
What To Serve With Roast Beetroot?
Variations For Baked Beets/Baked Beetroot
Roasted whole beets– Leave the beets whole instead of cutting them. This will take longer to cook so keep an eye on them.
Roasted beet salad/beet and goat cheese salad– Add them to an arugula salad topped with goat cheese. This is one of my favorite ways to eat roasted beets.
Roasted beet humus– Add roasted beets to this Easy Hummus (One Bowl) for a bright red and delicious variation.
Roasted golden beets– Use golden instead of red beets. These have a slightly more mild flavor.
Use other seasoning– Such as Greek seasoning or black pepper and tarragon.
Add balsamic– You can drizzle roasted beets with a balsamic reduction after cooking them, or you can drizzle the balsamic on before roasting. Do whatever you prefer.
Add citrus– Add a a drizzle of lemon juice to brighten the flavor.
Add fruit– Serve them with cranberries for a sweet and tart flavor addition.
Add a sauce– Such as a sweet yogurt, cream, or even sour cream.
Use them as a topping– On flatbread, salads, in a vegetarian wrap or sandwich.
Tips And Techniques
Do you have to peel beets for roasting? How do you peel beets? Yes, peel the beets before roasting using a vegetable peeler. You may also want to wear gloves so that the red flesh doesn’t stain your skin.
Why are my beets bitter? This usually means they were over-cooked if they turn bitter. Next time cook them for a shorter amount of time.
How do you know when beets are done baking? When they are crispy on the outside and fork tender on the inside. This usually takes about 30-35 minutes when baked at 400 degrees.
Flip beets halfway through cooking– This ensures an even crisp on all sides of the beets.
Adjust seasoning– Add more or less of whatever you prefer!
Don’t overlap beets on the lined baking tray– This prevents them from roasting and creating that caramelized crispy outer skin. Spread them out!
Line the baking tray with foil– This makes fore really easy clean-up. The red from beets will stain so this is one way to keep the mess contained. It also helps prevent the beets from sticking to the pan.
Refrigerate– In a sealed container for up to 2 days.
Freeze– I do not recommend freezing them, because they will become soggy upon thawing and you won’t be able to get that crispy texture back.
Reheat– In the microwave, oven, or air fryer to re-crisp the outside.
More One Pan Roasted Vegetables
- Oven Roasted Pumpkin (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Vegetables (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Carrots (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Green Beans (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Broccoli (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Asparagus (One Pan)
- Quick Oven Roasted Tomatoes (One Pan)
- Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes (One Pan)
One Pan Roasted Beets
Quick and easy oven roasted beets recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pan in 30 minutes. Loaded with herbs, garlic, olive oil.
- 3 Beets Large, Peeled, Diced into 1.5-2 inch pieces, Patted dry with paper towels
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1 tbsp Parsley Fresh, Roughly chopped, For garnish
Spread the beets on a baking tray, lined with foil paper.
Drizzle olive oil on top.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper.
Toss until combined.
Spread out the beets so that they are not overlapping and bake evenly.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until beets are slightly crisp on the outside but tender on the inside. Be sure to toss everything halfway through.
Remove tray from oven and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served immediately but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days and reheated in an air fryer, oven or microwave.